Can't save preferences

Started by rijackson741, July 16, 2011, 19:03:05

rijackson741

If I try and save my preferences in Locus Pro I get the message "Process Unsuccessful". If I try and load preferences I get "Locus Free Settings". I uninstalled Locus Free though, to see if it solved the disappearing widget mystery (see //http://forum.asamm.cz/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=782&p=4597&hilit=widget#p4597). I expect I could fix these problems by uninstalling and reinstalling Locus Pro, but I would really like to save my preferences before doing that! Is there any possible solution?
  •  

Menion

interesting. may you use some logcat program and check what is problem during saving preferences? Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

rijackson741

I realize now the Locus Free settings must be some setting I saved so long ago I forgot about them! I thought it was some reference to Locus Free.

OK. I installed aLogcat, and tried to save the preferences again. Except this time it saved them OK, so there's nothing to report! I tried twice, once with changing the name from the default.

Why is it that when you want things to work, they don't, and when you want them to not work, they do?  :roll:

Oh well. Now I can at least see if uninstalling and reinstalling Locus Pro will bring back the widget (which is still missing)  :)
  •  

Menion

i common ... when you want reproduce some problem ... you know :)

sometimes program behavior is a mystery. Not only on Android. But fine that all works now. What about your missing widget? It have to be there because nothing changes with this
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •