Offline map format?

Started by guest952, July 16, 2011, 17:21:30

guest952

Hi,
I'm trying to understand your format for saving maps.
I hope you'd clarify some things.
in the info table, how do you calculate the zoom level? It doesn't correspond to the real provider zoom level?
Also, what's the deal with the zooms column, it seems redundant.
Finally in the  tiles table, what does the 's' column stand for?
I do hope that x/y are at least the same as the provider.

Thanks!
  •  

Menion

Hi,
 you have to count that SQLite map format is taken from application RMaps. Many people used this app so I decide to be compatible with this. Little mistake anyway all works now fine ...

so, about format:
- zoom level is usually computed as 17 - z, but some map providers use different numbers
- zooms column? What is problem with this? Values in "zooms" are from SELECT DISTINCT z FROM ... This takes really long time on bigger maps so I'm storing this value separately
- 's'? don't know it's purpose in RMaps but I finally use it for storing time, so it's number of hours since 1.1.2011. I use it to determine validity of maps for limited time
- and yes .. they (x/y) are same :)

clear?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

guest952

Thanks, but I can't nail the conversion I'm doing (from Navicomputer nmap).
When I go to add a personal map, Locus goes through the motions, but it's never listed. If I try to add it again, it says that the data is already added. It just states: no offline maps.
  •  

Menion

bottom plus button is only for adding maps from other them 'maps' directory. If map is in 'maps' directory and is not listed in personal maps, then something is wrong. I would like to help so if you send me some unused (never run in Locus) map, I'll check where is problem
  •  

guest952

Quote from: "menion"bottom plus button is only for adding maps from other them 'maps' directory. If map is in 'maps' directory and is not listed in personal maps, then something is wrong. I would like to help so if you send me some unused (never run in Locus) map, I'll check where is problem

Yep, I'm uploading the original and converted map and I'll PM you the location after they're uploaded.
  •  

Menion

pretty nice map ;) ... problem on my side of course. I used version 3 of database. You added all required columns but version was still 0, so I updated database but wrongly. Fixed now. If you want I can send you on email testing version to check if all works fine.
  •  

guest952

:) Great.
I'll look up what I did wrong. I'm not sure I understand completely what you meant by version 3?
  •  

Menion

you did nothing wrong. ... doesn't matter :) but it should works now. I'm sending you test version ...
  •  

guest952

Tried it, the maps show up, and are almost working. Almost as in Locus crashes, or shows only parts of the map and then crashes :|
  •  

Menion

really? with map you send me all worked fine also with zooming etc ... damn ... may you then look into Locus/logs directory and send me last log from there? It should contain crash report ...
  •  

guest952

Quote from: "menion"really? with map you send me all worked fine also with zooming etc ... damn ... may you then look into Locus/logs directory and send me last log from there? It should contain crash report ...

My other maps are bigger, so that might be it, but the biggest is only 600mb. Most are <150mb.
I'll take a look a the logs.
I started uploading a bigger example, but it's gonna take a while, only DSL here :(
  •  

Menion

no problem, thanks. Maps should be fully working up to 2GB. This is platform limit so count with this!
  •  

guest952

Looked at the log, nothing there. Only a warning from yesterday when I was offline :|
  •  

guest952

Did you take a look at the maps?
  •  

Menion

Hmm I'm looking on it right now ... pretty interesting :)

1) i do not do any additional work with images, so as they are in database, I take them and create bitmap for draw from them
2) I see no error when I convert blob data from database to image I use for draw
3) images as are, are valid, so there have to be some problem directly in data stored in database. Maybe from image format? May you try to change format of images you save into database?
  •