[APP] - version 4.12.+ ( 09/2022 )

Started by Menion, September 27, 2022, 15:26:17

drumpldeer

Hi!
With the new version 4.12.2.6 there are some change with the layout. But now you can not see the display cleanly, because the text is displayed in dark blue on a gray background. Before the text was white or light gray. Can you please change this again?
  •  

balloni55

@drumpldeer
are you aware that you have set the dark mode?

but you're right, it's very hard to read
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Viajero Perdido

I'd like to try out the photo-upload feature.  But first, I need to scrub my real name and use my internet name instead.

BTW, the blog post at https://www.locusmap.app/hows-it-look-in-there-anybody-got-a-picture/ says the user profile is only accessible in the "Locus Map application".  I think you meant to say, "Locus Map Web application" because I couldn't find it in the Android application.

Anyway, I changed my user name in the web application, and it now shows my internet name in the corner of the map display, good.  However, on either of my two main Android devices, when I try to upload a photo, it still says "[my real name] will be published...".  (4.12.2)

My real name is unfindable on the internet, and I like it that way.  :)

EDIT:  If I then visit Locus Store, Account, I see [internet name] and icon that I chose in the web app, good.  THEN, when I try to upload a photo, it correctly says "[internet name] will be published...".  This happened on both devices.  A visit to Locus Store / Account was needed for it to correctly show the desired name.
  •  

Tapio

After a Lomaps download, it as not possible to leave the maps page. The only way out is the Home button at the bottom left.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
the new auto-pause really pauses a recording, so all indicators that inform about the recording should change.

@Tapio
Do you want to export multiple points from a single folder to separate files? Why? :)

by "maps page" you mean Locus Store right? This is very old known problem. Also because of the exists mentioned "Home" button  :). I'm still unable to solve this and most probably, there will be new Locus Store sooner than this will be fixed ...

@drumpldeer
thanks, colors fixed

@Viajero Perdido
hmm so "only" a problem with the refresh of the profile on the app side. The name should be anyway correct in all other places as this is always downloaded fresh from the central database.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Yes I meant in Locus Store.

Quote from: Menion on December 05, 2022, 08:45:05@Tapio
Do you want to export multiple points from a single folder to separate files? Why? :)

Use case: Say I only have - for tracks and points - my GPX files as a fallback backup.
Having them as single files in the file system allows for additional flexibility. Parsing, auto editing via an external process[1], I may only import specific points which I can already recognize on file system level... Quickly send specific points as GPX to someone else... GPX/file system just a more robust level.

Just all the same flexibility as with tracks. Also: Consistency in LM.

A complete db export function to a target format, which rebuilds the database structure on file system (i. e., creates folders) would be nice btw.

[1] E. g. I have the idea to replace point GPX filenames, maybe internal titles, by OSM properties/Adress.
  •  

Menion

Understand, thanks for the explanation. I do not think this use-case justifies an extra button in the UI, sorry.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: freischneider on November 13, 2022, 09:47:09I had problems with the car break today.
Start recording
100m driven
Break (waiting for passengers, about 8 min.)
Continued driving but no more recording.
My settings in the picture. Do you need more settings ?

Perhaps goggle play services also determines the usage pattern based on the connected devices, in fact it determines the type of activity or its change, not exactly the movement, at least from the few things I've tried to understand just for my curiosity.
You probably connect the phone via bluetooth or usb to the car and that's enough because even when stationary it doesn't change status from recording to pause status, because you were in car mode and in fact, connected to the car you haven't changed mode.

I think it will be difficult to find a method to pause recording that works with different devices and different types of activities. I see it more as a help for the inattentive like me, who pause and forget to restart the recording, so much so that I no longer use the pause function because I've been screwed too many times.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Bernard P.

Hello,

With android 13 which is being deployed, access to the /android/data directory is more and more complicated (impossible, it was possible with Total Commander, but it no longer works....), and it becomes problematic to read and write files there (for example, to recover the NMEA traces).
Would it be possible to move the directories used by Locus Map into /Android/media, which remains more easily accessible to it?

Best regards,
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on December 05, 2022, 13:21:43Understand, thanks for the explanation. I do not think this use-case justifies an extra button in the UI, sorry.
OK. GPX Point export has 2 checkboxes, GPX track export has 5.
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Bernard: This whole SAF is insanity on steroids - IF Google does not employ a reasonable exception policy. All geo apps are valid candidates, by design. But the Google support folks that dealt with Locus e.g. are perfect candidates to be fully substituted by an Excel macro. Same outcome, much cheaper.
Enough ranting ...

Have you tried x-plore? Michal (its developer) has had a good grip on /Android/data access in the past, and just released a new version that claims access to /Android/data for Android 13 (my devices are not yet there, hence I cannot test myself).
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on December 05, 2022, 08:45:05the new auto-pause really pauses a recording, so all indicators that inform about the recording should change.
@menion - ahh very interesting - to the best of my knowledge I've never seen the track recording button auto-pause itself (green > orange), even with plenty of opportunity when device has been stationary for a long period and/or no GPS signal. Will be watching more closely now.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
it looks to me, the last two months bring some interesting news. And .. new version 4.13 is out.

Thanks again for the valuable feedback ;).

I still keep in mind some tasks for next month, just for your info
- fine-tune (or completely remove if useless) the auto-pause system for track recording
- next two months will be probably in the name of MapsForge vector maps
- and I also keep in mind the request of Joeloc for universal import, just not sure how to simply do it, yet ...

Let's continue here.