[APP] - version 4.12.+ ( 09/2022 )

Started by Menion, September 27, 2022, 15:26:17

CabrioTourer

I'm using NoGo areas to force router to use the right way. Small problem is that there is a 100m and 500m option. That's a pretty huge step. Could we have a 300m additional?
  •  

Menion

@slarti76
hmm, so another attempt with a "split track". In case, the track "Creation time" will match first trackpoint (this means recorded track), "Creation time" for each new track will match the time of its first trackpoint.

Ah, same as @Tapio suggested later ...

@balloni55
Bottom buttons > I'm testing on an older (and really small) Samsung S2! and it works correctly. So I've added few log events into the code and create me a log with the next Beta version (end of the week) please, thanks.

Memory problems > this will be hard. @jordyke wrote that he is not using geocaching so it won't be probably connected to caches. I'll need to test it on more devices and find the core (just moving with map? Track recording? Navigation? ...) what causes this issue.

@Andrew Heard
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8129.msg69415#msg69415

Android Auto > does this happens every time when you connect the phone to Auto?

"Add X point" good idea, I'll look at it thanks

@Tapio
missing overview for webp photo > may you share with me some sample webp image? Thanks

@CabrioTourer
As a developer, I would prefer 250m, done.

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on October 31, 2022, 13:15:12@Tapio
missing overview for webp photo > may you share with me some sample webp image? Thank
Hi, I attach it here, didn't find a way to attach in PM.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on October 31, 2022, 13:15:12Android Auto > does this happens every time when you connect the phone to Auto?
@Menion it only happened once (rental car) a month ago, but that may just be the phone was only connected once in that car. Sorry, too long ago.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

joeloc

Menion... could you please please pretty please consider accepting XML files for "open with..." and "share" with Locus?

I am meanwhile completely fed up with explaining people where to put their custom maps and overlays... it's simply beyond the ability of a normal user, especially now that Locus has to hide its home directory in funky places, not easily accessible by your default file explorer.

The Strava Heatmap nowadays is THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL for mountain bike navigation and beats any OSM tagging hands down all over the world. But getting it into Locus requires some kind of advanced super knowledge at the moment. How great would it be if you could simply click on the XML attachment here, choose open with / share with Locus, and simply be offered to import the contents (if any).

Locus should not only accept custom map definition XML files, but also any other type of file that it deals with: database backups... cursor definitions... dashboards... god knows what... zipped or unzipped. Just parse whatever you're given and present the user with reasonable choices on what do to with it.

Thanks.

balloni55

QuoteMemory problems > this will be hard. @jordyke wrote that he is not using geocaching so it won't be probably connected to caches. I'll need to test it on more devices and find the core (just moving with map? Track recording? Navigation? ...) what causes this issue.
hello menion
I have made several attempts to get closer to the problem.
Lastly, I started LMP with the vector map centered and rotating with no POI's or tracks loaded and no navigation or guidance.
At the same time I started LM4 with the same settings as described above but with a blank map.
When driving the used memory remained constant for the first 30 minutes below ~180MB.
After that, the value began to rise steadily with LM4
LMP remained the whole time under 200MBif the app runs in the background nothing changes in the memory volume

Edit:
today i noticed that the memory problem only occurs when
- the screen is turned on
- the map rotation is turned on

the problem occurs for me with both LMP and LM4

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
interesting new Beta version 4.12.1.2 just published.

What to expect?
- downloading of geocaches directly over the app > future of G4L is unsure so I've decided to implement all necessary features directly into app
- a test version of the new system for full-screen mode ("Expert settings" where probably remains)
- a test version of the activity recognition system for track recording > new option "Auto pause" in the setting of recording profile. I've not tested it in the field yet so use on your own risk. The top bar on the main screen may display a "Custom" panel with current info about the detected activity.
- and many fixes ... uff. Enjoy weekend!

---

@balloni55
- NMEA simulation is visible only if any NMEA message is in the Locus/cache/nmea directory
- memory problem > I was not checking it yet, but thanks, next week

@joeloc
not as easy, but I'll look at it and let you know

balloni55

Hello menion
thanks for new Beta
Quotedownloading of geocaches directly over the app

search for caches > Filter > modify any search option > save > locus FC
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

QuoteNMEA simulation is visible only if any NMEA message is in the Locus/cache/nmea directory

thanks now it works ;)

how should the user know this? There is no hint in the manual and the recorded nmea files are automatically stored under
Locus/data/nmea
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

QuoteBottom buttons > I'm testing on an older (and really small) Samsung S2! and it works correctly. So I've added few log events into the code and create me a log with the next Beta version (end of the week) please, thanks.
log send
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion - although certainly not thorough or extensive testing yet, but the changes you have made for xDOP filtering for vertical accuracy in track recording has resulted in improvements for me. It is hard to be sure of course, but I mostly take my phone inside with track recording still enabled as a small test, and mostly I don't see huge errors in vertical position anymore. So thanks!
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

@balloni55
thanks for the bug report regards the filter crash. I've just re-generated apk files, so give a geocaching try again please, thanks.

NMEA > well, it is more a feature for us for some tests than for "common" users ;)

And bottom bar > thanks for the log. Inside is visible that the app is displaying 5 buttons. Weird. Hmm what to do with it? A little mystery :/
  •  

balloni55

QuoteI've just re-generated apk files, so give a geocaching try again please, thanks
thanks now it work :)

why does the mystery say "Mystery or Puzzle Cache" ?

e.g. if no checkbox is selected for size, "all selected" is still displayed and all sizes are searched for.

can you please add 3 more checkboxes for search criteria
- display found caches
- own caches
- temporary deactivated caches
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

And does it make sense to select for caches with "no sizes"? "Nothing selected" is always considered equal to "all selected".

Extra options > I'll look at it.