Important links
- list of news of public versions
- Public versions
- Beta versions

Versions
27. 9. 2022 - Locus 4.12.0
13. 10. 2022 - Locus 4.12.1
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

balloni55

Hello menion
is content of Puplic V 4.12.0 identical to Beta V 4.11.1.5 ?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Not 100%, there were changes in the fullscreen and a few more minor fixes. So I really suggest updating to the public version. Or is in Beta something, not working/available in the public version, that is important for you?
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: Menion on September 27, 2022, 20:38:18So I really suggest updating to the public version. Or is in Beta something, not working/available in the public version, that is important for you?
thanks for your answer,
i am using AFA version since available and so update to puplic version is a nogo for me  ;)
Quoteand if someone contributes photos to LoPoints, also a gallery of images :).
i am searchig for this feature (no used search term from me fit) but can´t find it, therefore I asked
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Me too (AFA) of course, but there is always an up-to-date version uploaded to Google Drive.

Gallery is visible
a) in your profile (click on the profile in the main menu > My photos) or
b) if you display any photo attached to LoPoint, at the bottom should be visible the avatar & name of the author - click on it to display its public profile. This is available only in the app itself, but the same functionality on the web is in preparation.

Btw. on the web, for a few days, is a POI detail finally ... together with photos, like this one. I believe it will be very useful addition.
  •  

Andrew Heard

I again created a dashboard with horz/ vert accuracy/ HDOP/ VDOP/ PDOP. On the Android v8 phone only horz accuracy is displayed. On the Android v12 tablet only horz/vert accuracy is displayed. I know that the relevant NMEA sentences are being received though, with valid xDOP fields. Interesting the vertical accuracy is similar to good horizontal, even from startup, although I know it's quite bad when LM is 1st started.

how do I enable labels on satellite maps please?

toggling visibility instead of mistaken scroll is now working nicely in track & point lists, thanks

route planner: I had accidentally set LoRouter online as source (instead of offline), but there was no data connection; add next point; error message just says "route cannot be computed" - suggest improving the message - I thought it was a missing RD4 file but was quite confused.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

balloni55

4.12.0 Gold AFA
QuoteGallery is visible
a) in your profile (click on the profile in the main menu > My photos) or
b) if you display any photo attached to LoPoint, at the bottom should be visible the avatar & name of the author - click on it to display its public profile. This is available only in the app itself, but the same functionality on the web is in preparation.
thanks for your explanation, now i have found it
but when i choose the following procedure LM4 crashes
menu/Locus Store/my profil/my LoPoint photos > FC
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

T-mo

reg. tts: screen vid Locus 4.12.0
just minor, bur irritating as not consistent. Language set is the correct one.
Started to navigate and driving with tts-commands only and using in-ears, no view at screen while driving.
  •  

eldron

Hi,
the changelog states "automatic loading of fresh info for offline LoPoints" . What is meant by that?
Any chance that it fixes the issue that sometimes prevents the Offline Lopoints from loading (as described here : https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7527.0 )?
It seems to happen less often now, but just last week I ran into the issue again.
Suddenly the LoPoints disappear from the map and when you click on "LoPoints (offline)" they don´t come back.
Also the selection doesn´t stick, so when you go back to the "Map-Screen Content" screen the offline LoPoints are not selected anymore. The Online Lopoints can be selected and work.
Restarting the App does not help, but at some point it just starts to work again. I can´t see any pattern for this behaviour.
I was using the "Germany South" map (dated September 2021).

Keep up the good work!

Edit - corrected some typos.

Menion

@Andrew Heard
are you sure that GGA sentence is received on your tablet? You may record a short NMEA message and share it with me for test, thanks.

Labels on the satellite map > in the "Online" tab of maps manager is a separate "Satellite with labels" map available.

Error in route planner for online LoRouter > good point, thanks, improved.

@balloni55
hmm may you please send me a link (or just coordinates & name) of POI where I may find any photo from you? To see your profile on own device, thanks!

@eldron
"Automatic loading of fresh info for offline LoPoints" > very nice new feature. When you click and display detail of the offline LoPoint, it, when the internet connection is available, tries to download fresh data from our web server. So with very little data connection, you get fresh data for even very old LoPoints.

Problem with loading of offline LoPoints > this probably won't help here, sorry.

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

eldron

Thanks for the reply. That feature does sound interesting. Does the new information get stored permanently or just temporarily?
Any idea what could be causing the disappearance of the offline LoPoints or how to get them back?
Since my post in the other thread I have changed my phone, but the problem stayed. As long as I have an internet connection I can use the Online LoPoints instead, but that´s not always the case.

•  

Menion

@balloni55
thanks, no problem detected :-\. Unfortunately, I also do not see any automatically reported errors from XCover 4s device, so a big log if possible?

@eldron
just temporarily. Once you close the bottom panel, new data are lost. It transfers really a small amount of info (usually 1-5kb).
I'll switch to offline LoPoints (I've used online mostly) and will be watching mentioned problem.
  •  

balloni55

Quoteso a big log if possible?
log just sent to locus(a)asamm
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

eldron

Thanks Menion, much appreciated.
Is there a log that I could create if it happens again that would help you to narrow down the problem?
  •