How to add icon and description to sqlitedb raster maps.

Started by Koszu, August 21, 2022, 19:32:51

Koszu

Hello.
I have some custom offline sqlitedb raster maps created with MOBAC (MBTILES and RMAPS). I want to add personalized icon appearing in locus map menu and description with linked map legend. Basing on my experience with maps I bought from locus shop (for example Crotian HGSS) it must be possible. Some of them have personalized icon and description with linked map legend. Basing on my research some maps have additional .info file including additional information and links in XML structure. Is it possible to use this file with custom offline maps. I can't find description of the offline map .info file anywhere. Adding map icon is possible also with custom online sources by giving the same name to png icon as map source name and putting it into map folder. It's not working with off-line maps.
Best Regards
Koszu
  •  

Menion

Hello Koszu,

this is a complicated task and the app is not ready for it.

*.info file is a proprietary format used to keep metadata from the Locus Store without touching the database itself. There is no documentation for it. You may try to mimic it, but the result is at own risk.

App currently picks an icon from the attached online map. This is selected by the map_type_id record in the meta table. You may set this connection also manually by the "Re-initialize" option in the offline map context menu.

Hope this helps at least a little.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Koszu

Hello,
Thank you for your answer. Adding description with linked map legend by creating mapname.info file works for me, I can view it from map details screen.
Now I wonder about the map icon. Does it mean that If I will add to meta table manually an additional TEXT column called "icon" and insert there base64 encoded png icon it should be read correctly by Locus Map?
I can't find this column in rmap or mbtiles atlases created by MOBAC. Or there is another sqlitedb map format?

Update:
I have checked it by myself, locus map can read icon created in the way described above from RMAPS database format, not working for MBTILES file format.
  •  

Menion

Hello,
Interesting where you found info about "icon" in the meta table, but yes, this is correct and seems the only method how to attach icon to the RMAP format. Other formats currently do not support their own icons other than by connecting to certain online map as I wrote before.
  •  

Koszu

As I said I have bought some maps form locus shop. Using sqlite editor I have compared the table structure with rmaps created by MOBAC and found extra meta table with additional columns - BTW database structure is mostly the same instead of mentioned above meta table. The icon column was, what I was looking for ;D
  •  

Menion

Ah, clever.

Fine, this is un-official fully supported method :)
  •