Still strange behavior during track recording

Started by novus, July 14, 2011, 07:05:26

berkley

Maybe it sounds confusing, because i hadn't an issue while track recording for weeks. Maybe it is not a problem in track recording itself because I was using bluetooth gps from Locus. Maybe it was just because another custom Rom. And maybe it was just bad Karma...

While doing track recording this evening, it happened 2 times that Locus wasn't able to "refresh" my actual position send from bluetooth gps and got stuck. The service stopped about 15 minutes, but i was still able to deal with Locus (excluding ram problems so far). Then i switched to an external app for the gps positioning and everything worked for 2 hours until i stopped it.

Unfortunatly, i don't have any catlogs available...

I will do some tests tomorrow and report if there are changes affecting the Rom.
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

novus

Debug version is no problem. But be aware: my phone is not rooted and I don't plan to do so for warranty-issues... ;)

On which android did you do your tests? I'm using 2.2.1 and svartbjorn has 2.2 as well, as I see. Perhaps it is an android-issue.

To test if there are influences of the memory, you could make it configurable, where to save tracks. So I could try to save it to internal memory, external sd-card and so on.

If nothing helps, you should think about a workaround like for example an option "rebuild track". This could be done with the NMEA-File, if it has been saved.

The next possibility to answer here in the forum for me is this evening, because I'm goin out with my family now.
  •  

berkley

My problem solved itself as i got a decent task killer. Too much RAM was used...
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

packham

Quote from: "berkley"I was using bluetooth gps from Locus.
I am curious what bluetooth gps you are using? Is it good?
  •  

novus

Hi Menion.

Do you have a debug-version for me...?  :)
  •  

Menion

not yet ... I'll today release new version with mainly some bugfixes and tomorrow I'll prepare special version for you ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

novus

o.k.  :)

By the way: I tested again with version 1.9.1 - no difference to 1.9.0.2.  :|
  •  

novus

Hi Menion.

What did you do?  :shock:

With version 1.9.2 track recording seems to work better. Did you solve the problem accidentally...?  ;)

I'll test it more intensivly the next days but at the moment my impression is that there are less points lost. There are still some points lost, but not as much as before.  :D
  •  

Menion

still some but not too much? heh :)) ... yes I changed the way, points are saved on sd card, so now it should be less power and memory intensive ... anyway I not expect influence on this problem, it was mainly because of this issue viewtopic.php?f=10&t=815 .. interesting
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

novus

Well, that's the way it looks like with version 1.9.2.

I did the way twice (with exatly the same starts and stops as I described above) and with both trials the result was like this:
  •  

auric

I did notice this behaviour before as well, didn't pay attention to it though.
I'll run some tests as well
LM Pro - LocusMap 4 🥇
  •  

novus

Hi Menion.

Now I tried version 1.9.4 and the result is o.k., I think.

Whereas version 1.9.0.2 saved 22 Points (first screenshot), version 1.9.2 saved 33 points (second screenshot) now version 1.9.4 saves 42 points on the same way.

I added a screenshot to show the difference.

So in my opinion this problem is solved for the moment.

Thank you very much!

Novus.
  •