[APP] - version 4.11.+ ( 07/2022 )

Started by Menion, July 26, 2022, 15:31:26

Tapio

Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on August 17, 2022, 09:10:12

@freischneider
Problem in merging of segments in the route planner: uff, this was hard :), should be fixed now, thanks!

"Comment field" > should be visible during navigation in the top panel. It is difference to "Description field".

Comment field: Now it gets a big emphasis with me. For me since then the comment was not displayed above.
I found out that it is only displayed when the street name is turned on.
Can you set it to show even when street name is off.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on August 17, 2022, 09:10:12
Android system does not report real hdop/vdop/pdop values over base API. What I may anyway do is read also NMEA messages and extract these values from there. Hmm, I'll look at it ...
@menion - "read also NMEA messages" - interesting - I looked through all the NMEA sentences & couldn't find one with suitable vdop/pdop, only hdop - so I hope you find something useful. wow - already new code in beta - looking forward to testing, thanks!

PS. 4.11.1.1 testing: from release notes "invisible notifications in Quick settings screen": long tap button > Info > still no info?

attached files #1 & #2: when I went to Satellites screen the hor.accuracy was already 20m even before any satellites detected - this doesn't seem right?.

attached file #3: then once satellites in view & stable - vertical accuracy, HDOP, VDOP - "usually not known" - sadly verified - I added 4 fields to dashboard (top row, green text) - when are these values known?

attached file #4: the GPSTest app displays HDOP, VDOP - are these values fake?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

baegas

When connected to NTRIP on a smartphone (Android 12), it works stably for about 20 minutes, then frequently disconnects and Locus Map 4 stops.
It is especially prominent in the border area between Wi-Fi zones and LTE (even in 5G).
And "audiocoach" doesn't work well either
As for the stability of NTRIP connection, "Android 9 (Note 8)" looks better than "Android 12 (Note 20)".
  •  

Menion

@tapio
someone read the news?  :) Nice, thanks, indeed there was an incorrect link.

@freischneider
ah, it is still named as "Street name" > should be more something like "Extra info about next navigation point".

@Andrew Heard
Notifications in the quick settings were working but were placed below the dialog. Anyway now it seems to work correctly to me in all cases, weird. Do all buttons behave like this?

Accuracy before some sats are loaded may not be wrong. Android cache and re-use some older data, so it may provide a few minutes of old data with these parameters. The fact that is not "fresh" is another problem.

xDOP values are read from the GSA message. There is no guarantee it will be available on all devices. You may try to record an NMEA message and check if the recorded file contains any line with the GSA message (messages are stored in the Locus/data/nmea directory).

@baegas
Quoteand Locus Map 4 stops
... you see a system dialog that application crashed? If so, the log will be needed here right after this happens.

What problem is with the audio-coach?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

baegas

Quote from: Menion on August 18, 2022, 13:02:37
@baegas
Quoteand Locus Map 4 stops
... you see a system dialog that application crashed? If so, the log will be needed here right after this happens.

What problem is with the audio-coach?

When I just created a bug report, the system dialog didn't show up, but a bug that occurred while hiking during the day showed up.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n_cyEzMZCeeHX8Z4T586M4dUEYWill0h/view?usp=sharing
ㄴbug report

Audio coach did not make any sound when running NTRIP
If you turn off NTRIP, you can hear it well.

•  

balloni55

Hello menion
the following problem occurs in LM4 as well as in LMP,
kmz as well as sqlite maps are not offered in the map selection although they are in the same folder as another map which is displayed.
If you e.g. open the kmz with a long click in file explorer > open with> Locus
you will be asked if the content should be displayed on the map
and the map will be displayed temporarily.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on August 18, 2022, 13:02:37Notifications in the quick settings were working but were placed below the dialog. Anyway now it seems to work correctly to me in all cases, weird. Do all buttons behave like this?
@menion - yes - 1st attached - retested all 8 buttons - no Info

Quote from: Menion on August 18, 2022, 13:02:37Accuracy before some sats are loaded may not be wrong. Android cache and re-use some older data, so it may provide a few minutes of old data with these parameters. The fact that is not "fresh" is another problem.
confirmed

Quote from: Menion on August 18, 2022, 13:02:37xDOP values are read from the GSA message. There is no guarantee it will be available on all devices. You may try to record an NMEA message and check if the recorded file contains any line with the GSA message (messages are stored in the Locus/data/nmea directory).
OK - NMEA file attached & according to https://www.satsleuth.com/GPS_NMEA_sentences.aspx $GPGSA sentence does in fact have xDOP values

$GPGSA,A,3,09,07,30,04,08,20,27,16,,,,,1.2,0.6,1.0*37
                                                  ^^^checksum
                                              ^^^  VDOP = 1.0
                                          ^^^      HDOP = 0.6
                                      ^^^          PDOP = 1.2
      ^                                            mode 1 = A = auto 2D/3D
        ^                                          mode 1 = 3 = 3D
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^                  active satellites
These xDOP values are the same as displayed by GPSTest that I had screen cap from last post. But are they valid?

So below (1 row per $GPGSA & just with xDOP fields) I also brought phone inside house (2022-08-19B.nmea), and indeed all xDOP values get much worse
    PDOP    HDOP    VDOP+sum
$GPGSA    1.4    0.8    1.2*38
$GPGSA    1.2    0.6    1.0*32
$GPGSA    1.2    0.6    1.0*32
$GPGSA    1    0.4    1.0*37
$GPGSA    1    0.4    1.0*37
$GPGSA    1    0.4    0.8*3E
$GPGSA    0.8    0.4    0.8*32
$GPGSA    0.8    0.4    0.8*32
$GPGSA    5.6    4.8    2.8*32
$GPGSA    6.2    5.4    3.0*39
$GPGSA    5.8    5    3.0*3C
$GPGSA    5.8    5    3.0*3C
$GPGSA    6.2    5.4    3.0*39
$GPGSA    7.6    7    3.0*36
$GPGSA    6    5    3.0*37
$GPGSA    7.6    7    3.0*36
$GPGSA    6    5    3.0*37
  •  

Menion

@baegas
thanks for the report regards the NTRIP client. I think I've found a serious problem when the client reconnects after any connection problem. Should be improved in the next version. Hope it will help to audio-coach as well.

@balloni55
KMZ is not supported in the map manager so it is ignored. Anyway what you see is older problem with using maps from deeper directories. You may use an alternative solution and name your directory "LoMap_split". The ending "_split" cause that all maps will be handled separately. Otherwise, app tries to merge maps in your subdirectory into a single "multi-map".

@Andrew Heard
Info in the quick settings is really weird and I currently have no idea how to fix it, sorry. It works to me on two devices correctly ...

All seems to look correct in the NMEA messages, so I also have no idea here, why xDOP values are not visible here, hmm. I'm also checking the dashboard if this works correctly and seems so ... damn. Will be watching it ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: baegas

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on August 19, 2022, 12:04:04All seems to look correct in the NMEA messages, so I also have no idea here, why xDOP values are not visible here, hmm. I'm also checking the dashboard if this works correctly and seems so ... damn. Will be watching it ...
@Menion - just to confirm - my NMEA messages have reasonable xDOP values, but the new 3 fields I added to a dashboard for testing only display "-".

In normal LM4 use I pause any track recording when entering a place with no likely GPS i.e. indoors. Sidenote: of course danger is forgetting to resume the recording later. Yesterday just for interest I left the track recording and it was quite funny. After a minute in the basement of a very tall building my sitting speed was 20km/h (although clearly zero (0) satellites); a minute later while still sitting my elevation had moved from -14 to 2200+ metres - elevator? and only after two minutes of no signal did the system finally decide no satellites were visible. I guess this is primarily an Android issue? or could zero (or defined setting threshold) satellites be an indication to auto-pause?

BTW the new attachment system & Quick edit is a big improvement. Loving it.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteKMZ is not supported in the map manager so it is ignored
sorry i´ve forgot, kmz can be used as map ithem ;)
QuoteYou may use an alternative solution and name your directory "LoMap_split"
thanks, work perfect :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

baegas

Quote from: Menion on August 19, 2022, 12:04:04@baegas
thanks for the report regards the NTRIP client. I think I've found a serious problem when the client reconnects after any connection problem. Should be improved in the next version. Hope it will help to audio-coach as well.

Thanks NTRIP works very well :D  :D
Audiocoach didn't have time to check it yet
  •  

freischneider

Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

joeloc

regarding copyright button: at least make it 60% visible only... and just 10% after I clicked and read it once for a specific map. that would still satisfy your moral obligation to map creators and stop destroying your users phones.

bright white pixels on an amoled displayed at 1000 nits 8 hours a day is one of the worst things you can do to your phone. solution: just don't!

map itself is not problem since it is always different. the rest of your statically placed and always visible UI is not 100% white as far as I can tell. But yes, it is a problem too. And not a theoretical one mind you, I have Locus UI burnin on 3 phones already.

no, this will not happen to casual users.

yes, this will happen to power users who spend their locus life in bright sunshine every day.

joeloc

Quote from: Andrew Heard on August 20, 2022, 02:30:58I guess this is primarily an Android issue? or could zero (or defined setting threshold) satellites be an indication to auto-pause?
Funky track messup point clouds when having breaks inside has always been a problem for Locus. It's bad on my S20FE, it's super horrible on my GFs S22Ultra.

Obviously it's mainly Androids fault to supply bogus data, but Locus could also try fixing this more thoroughly. For example, your recording profile could contain a max speed setting above which points would just be dropped. So if in one second my position moves more than eg 30m, don't record it because it must be a bogus indoor crap point.
  •