[APP] - version 4.11.+ ( 07/2022 )

Started by Menion, July 26, 2022, 15:31:26

joeloc

Quote from: CabrioTourer on August 07, 2022, 22:21:54
Quote from: joeloc on August 06, 2022, 07:36:52
Sharing points as KML doesn't work since a few versions. The menu entry simply does nothing.

Works for me.At least with these steps:
- Select a point
- Click on share at bottom of screen
- Select file explorer (X-plor in my case)
- Select target folder
-> Kmz created
This menu entry is not operating for me, it simply does nothing. It worked fine for a few years.and stopped working a couple versions ago.

•  

T-mo

@joeloc: sharing 'KML file' not working here too. Tried with different map-sources, offline and online, in case this matters.
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
I'll add NTRIP officially to the next app version.

Guys, very nice comments here, thanks all. Made me laugh  :D

@T-mo
crash with guidance > ah, got it, thanks!

@joeloc
copyright button is a good many-years-old button and you want to remove it?  :-X I'm worried that terms of use of (almost) all maps require visible copyright on the screen when map is used.

What do you want to do with the app UI? Even if you remove it completely, there is still a colored map so it should not help at all.

Sharing point: you are trying to share basic point stored in the app data manager? Because this works to me correctly, so there has to be something special ...

@tapio
hmm problems with Audio coach .. I'm using it almost daily and no problems noticed. They should also really change with the change of recording profile. Will have to check it ...

@Viajero Perdido
Right swipe to dismiss point > I know I know. Not so easy now  ::), sorry

@razvaneduard
Please check in the side panel if online or offline LoPoints are enabled.

@Andrew Heard
99% stuck in notify center > hmm. Never noticed this. Anyway, all data are downloaded correctly so it is only a visual problem right?

Rare problems with elevation at the start of recording > I know I know. As I wrote somewhere, in the app exists a mechanism to prevent this problem, but seems not to be strong enough. There are options, so I'll look at it. Fortunately, editing & remove of few starting points is working and it is not a complicated task.

@jonny.blue
hehe, it is named "Line to destination"  :)

And the color ... as I see, it should inherit color from the navigation line style.

---

Uff  :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

jonny.blue

Hehe, it is named "Line to destination"

.... and my next destination is the next via point. 😉
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on August 09, 2022, 21:39:23
99% stuck in notify center > hmm. Never noticed this. Anyway, all data are downloaded correctly so it is only a visual problem right?
@menion - correct, mainly a visual problem, although the user wastes time waiting for completion that doesn't occur, so frustration

Quote from: Menion on August 09, 2022, 21:39:23
Rare problems with elevation at the start of recording > I know I know. As I wrote somewhere, in the app exists a mechanism to prevent this problem, but seems not to be strong enough. There are options, so I'll look at it. Fortunately, editing & remove of few starting points is working and it is not a complicated task.
I would debate how rare. I can reproduce easily - if the user has auto track recording, and starts Locus immediately then when the device is started, the GPS can take indeterminant time to stabilize - sometimes a few seconds, but also minutes, so removing a few starting points is too simplistic. A more robust method could be enhancement of current HDOP threshold - wait until HDOP & VDOP both have sufficient accuracy?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

HDOP and VDOP may be problematic as well to be true. These values are not equal to "accuracy". It describes the situation of satellites in the sky and if they are able to provide an accurate location. So low HDOP value does not immediately mean accurate location.

Currently, the recording service ignores the first 10 locations after GPS is enabled. So first 10 seconds of fresh "fixed" locations are ignored. Good enough in most cases. Should be interesting to watch a visible horizontal accuracy. For this, already exists settings in the recording profile. Simply enable GPS in the skyplot screen and check visible accuracy.

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on August 10, 2022, 08:13:22
Should be interesting to watch a visible horizontal accuracy. For this, already exists settings in the recording profile. Simply enable GPS in the skyplot screen and check visible accuracy.
@Menion - "horizontal accuracy" but exported GPX file contains <HDOP> so can <VDOP> also be obtained & exported? A simplistic algorithm of only rejecting initial fixed number of initial seconds or points also does not handle the more dynamic generalized scenario where GPS signal is unacceptable eg. inside a tunnel or inside a building. For example the attached screen cap is of a walk where I entered a building; I did disable track recording before entered the building and resumed after exiting the building, and the GPS screen "horz. accuracy" was ~15, but clearly vertical and horizontal accuracy required more time. Examining the GPX file around this time <hdop> went from 5 to 20..30, elevation went from ~40m to 1060m, and the position of 3 points was 1km wrong.
  •  

Andrew Heard

4.11.0 Quick Settings panel > long tap any button > tap Information > tap is ignored - see attached video. I noticed this problem because you can view I have two buttons: "Out of route - noti" with nearly identical icons, so wanted to recall the difference - maybe using the Information function - but it doesn't work for me. Am I missing something?
  •  

freischneider

Error in route planner ?
I have converted a shaping point into a waypoint. At the title was the place. I then called it New name.
Save....continue planning....save route.
When I look at the route now there are 2 points at this place. One with name "intermediate destination" and one with name "new name".
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

freischneider

When I convert a shaping point to a waypoint in the route planner, I am shown a "Comment" field.
When I open the route after saving, I can edit the waypoint. A "Description" field is then additionally displayed to me there.
It would make more sense to display the "Description" field in the route planner as well. I find it better than the "Comment" field.
  •  

freischneider

I converted another 2nd shaping point in the route to an intermediate destination. After saving the route, I could no longer find it. I repeated it again and made sure to save the waypoint and the route. And again the 2nd point or intermediate destination is missing.
  •  

T-mo

@Freischneider:
I did a 0815 test- as this is todays date  :D
I don't get 2 points, only 1, the via point.
But any noted comment or description is missing though entered and 'save'ed during shape-to-via-conversion.

Track details > 'waypoints' has the icon I gave the via point. This is probably wrong.
The waypoint-overview is sth. I never understood as it's an unnumbered list..if you have a lot of entries what's the profit of getting lost?

•  

Andrew Heard

Here's a very weird walking experience yesterday with track recording: see attached screen cap (Garmin Basecamp) with green (accurate positions) and red (very inaccurate but still plausible positions). I had settings > GPS > Altitude Manager > SRTM data: "Optimize GPS values". The elevation is correct for 1st 1.7km around 50m. I pause track recording > enter/ exit shop > resume track recording. But position is now 1km wrong - jump to the east and elevation is 485m (at this lat/lon the elevation is indeed 485m), and never corrects itself, although the mostly linear track recording seems plausible. I never spotted the problem. Near to a 2nd shop (2.3km later) the GPS position is finally correct but still around 485m for elevation. At the completion of the walk I finally discover the erroneous elevation and in an experiment I change setting SRTM data to "dont use", and instantly the elevation is correct at 50m. It seems the LM4 Altitude Manager was completely confused, locked to a wrong vertical offset although the GPS position was corrected. I wont use "Optimize GPS values" any more. The ascent in metres is more important to me than any absolute vertical position. I don't expect any investigation, but just thought it was worth sharing a funny story.
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
it is a problem. "hdop" value from the Locus Map in the GPX file is fake. App writes into GPX file received "horizontal accuracy". Android system does not report real hdop/vdop/pdop values over base API. What I may anyway do is read also NMEA messages and extract these values from there. Hmm, I'll look at it ...

Invisible info: an old problem with some longer info messages. Solved, but I had to shorten the info box duration.

Problem with "Optimize GPS values" > this is bad. I never read about any problem with this settings. So now I'll use this to test ...

@freischneider
Problem in merging of segments in the route planner: uff, this was hard :), should be fixed now, thanks!

"Comment field" > should be visible during navigation in the top panel. It is difference to "Description field".

Menion

Reported problems should be solved in the recent Locus Map 4.11.1.1 Beta version.