Error Backup to Dopbox

Started by arnor, July 19, 2022, 09:17:10

arnor

I'm using Locus 4.10     

I would like to back up settings and points to my Dropbox account.  I am running into an error here.  See attached screenshot.

I made sure that in the settings screen for backup cloud backup is checked.  After that, a selection screen for types of cloud backups appears and I click on Dropbox.  Then I click on the pencil to enter the reference to the correct Dropbox folder, but just then the error message appears.

What's wrong here.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-P610 met Tapatalk
  •  

Menion

Hello arnor,
I'm trying to find out why this should happen and see no reason, sorry. Did you try to tap on the top three-dot menu > logout and try to login back again? Does it help?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

arnor

I have been able to establish the link several times now, but the backup is not made.  It looks like the connection is being lost.  An error message appears.  See screenshot.
  •  

arnor

When I log in to the Dropbox website, I can see which apps are linked.  Locus is just there.
  •  

arnor

In the meantime, the new version 4.11 appears to have been installed.  As a result, the function with the 3 dots on the 'Oops' screen has also been changed.  You will now be asked for a new folder or to log out.  Entering a new folder produces a screen with the text 'onbekend probleem' (= 'unknown problem').
  •  

arnor

Over the past week, I've been looking more into the possible causes of the problem that I can't back up via Dropbox on some devices.  I think I've found a possible cause.

My wife and I have had several dropbox accounts over time.  We both originally had a personal account.  I'll call them Account1 and Account2 here.  In the past I have managed to make backups on that personal Account1.

For several months now, we have created a new paid joint Dropbox account;  Account3.  All our files from Accounts1 and 2 have been merged here.  In this account I also made room to make Locus backups per device.  My wife and I each have our own account at Locus.

I have previously indicated that I was able to link to a Dropbox account on 1 device, but that I was surprised that no folder structure appeared.

What appears now.  This device is linked to the old Account1, which indeed contains nothing and there is therefore an empty folder structure.  At the moment I do see a folder 'backup' there;  the name that Locus itself gave with its backup.

In my opinion, the problem is that with reconnection, which I have done many times on the various devices, it is not possible to create a link to another (new) Dropbox account.  I also don't see any option in the settings to indicate what the applicable Dropbox accounts are.

I hope to have made clear what the problem is here and hope you guys can provide a solution.

•  

Menion

Hello arnor,
thanks for the detailed description and little sorry for late response. There seem to be a lot of similar reported problems with Dropbox so I've updated the Dropbox library and rewrote the system that takes care of authentication. Seems to work so a new version of test will be published at the start of next week. Thanks for the understanding.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

arnor

Thank you for your response and it is nice to read that there may be a solution.  I will definitely know about my experiences later when the new version is available.

Arnor

•