LoMedia - photos for online LoPoints

Started by Menion, June 17, 2022, 22:08:45

freischneider

When opening a LoPoi, you used to be able to click on the puzzle and there was the addon: LoPOI.
With it you could also make changes in OSM. Unfortunately, the AddOn is no longer available. It only appeared there when it was installed.
Suggestion: At this point you could now place the APP OSMgo.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)

Henk van der Spek

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on June 22, 2022, 08:31:08
The OSM GO app is great, thanks.
But it's not a simple solution for ordinary users. If the database of points is to be useful, it must be easily edited. For example: opening hours, changing the name of the shop, etc. This is a big and difficult task for the Locus team.
Some data are bad and others are completely missing even though they are in OSM data. As an example, I mention the "orchestra" in the chateau park. It is a big historic building, but it is not in points.
Are you really suggesting that Locus users create a perfect poi dB for use in locus only? I prefer optimizing OSM because it is worldwide.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g82 5G met Tapatalk

Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13

Žajdlík Josef

It's alright. But if I understand it correctly, there is part of the data in the Lopoints of OSM and part of the Wiki. Therefore, for each item I would like a button with a direct link to change directly in the database OSM or in Wiki. It's definitely very complicated, but if it succeeded, it would be great. I am afraid that an ordinary user will not want to install other editing applications, so there will be not many lopoint repairs.

michaelbechtold

One caveat: changes in Wikipedia are much harder than for OSM ...

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on June 23, 2022, 20:10:00
It's alright. But if I understand it correctly, there is part of the data in the Lopoints of OSM and part of the Wiki. Therefore, for each item I would like a button with a direct link to change directly in the database OSM or in Wiki. It's definitely very complicated, but if it succeeded, it would be great. I am afraid that an ordinary user will not want to install other editing applications, so there will be not many lopoint repairs.
  •  

Jan Čapek

Hi guys, thanks for this discussion, all noted.  ;) We are for sure aware of benefits of making all changes in the POIs easier.  We are planning to analyse our further steps related to this topic in upcoming months as there are several possible paths for the future.

For now and in this thread, we are focusing to properly beta-test "LoMedia" attachments to LoPoints. Now mainly technical side and "intuitiveness" of the process as other updates related to user's motivation to upload their photo are on the way.  :) Feel free to use last beta of Locus Map to upload photos which will already be shown to others in public version. They already goes to final DB, so you can be one of the first to provide such media content on our platform. ;)

Žajdlík Josef

The simple option to add a point to Lomap (or to OSM database) will also be important. Many important things are completely missing here. See SCR.
  •