Author Topic: LoMedia - photos for online LoPoints  (Read 381 times)

Offline freischneider

• Expert
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 11, Locus Map 4 Gold, Locus-Device-ID: aa54a2bc9
Re: LoMedia - photos for online LoPoints
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2022, 19:44:44 »
When opening a LoPoi, you used to be able to click on the puzzle and there was the addon: LoPOI.
With it you could also make changes in OSM. Unfortunately, the AddOn is no longer available. It only appeared there when it was installed.
Suggestion: At this point you could now place the APP OSMgo.

The following users thanked this post: Žajdlík Josef

Offline Henk van der Spek

• Expert
  • Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
    • enduro.nl
  • Device: Motorola G52 5G 6/128 Android 12 and Motorola Moto G5g Plus 6/128 Android 11
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 18:35:18 »
The OSM GO app is great, thanks.
But it's not a simple solution for ordinary users. If the database of points is to be useful, it must be easily edited. For example: opening hours, changing the name of the shop, etc. This is a big and difficult task for the Locus team.
Some data are bad and others are completely missing even though they are in OSM data. As an example, I mention the "orchestra" in the chateau park. It is a big historic building, but it is not in points.
Are you really suggesting that Locus users create a perfect poi dB for use in locus only? I prefer optimizing OSM because it is worldwide.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g82 5G met Tapatalk

Motorola G52 5G 6/128 Android 12 and Motorola Moto G5g Plus 6/128 Android 11

The following users thanked this post: freischneider

Offline Žajdlík Josef

• Expert
  • Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung A3 (2017), Samsung A 8 (2019)
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 20:10:00 »
It's alright. But if I understand it correctly, there is part of the data in the Lopoints of OSM and part of the Wiki. Therefore, for each item I would like a button with a direct link to change directly in the database OSM or in Wiki. It's definitely very complicated, but if it succeeded, it would be great. I am afraid that an ordinary user will not want to install other editing applications, so there will be not many lopoint repairs.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 20:15:17 by Žajdlík Josef »

The following users thanked this post: Henk van der Spek, michaelbechtold

Offline michaelbechtold

• Expert
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Today at 11:08:15 »
One caveat: changes in Wikipedia are much harder than for OSM ...

It's alright. But if I understand it correctly, there is part of the data in the Lopoints of OSM and part of the Wiki. Therefore, for each item I would like a button with a direct link to change directly in the database OSM or in Wiki. It's definitely very complicated, but if it succeeded, it would be great. I am afraid that an ordinary user will not want to install other editing applications, so there will be not many lopoint repairs.