New Locus Map (4) version

Important links
- list of news of public versions
- Public versions
- Beta versions

Versions
2. 6. 2022 - Locus 4.10.0
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

luce

In my map theme settings, the plus in the red button disappears when opening the settings from the side bar.
When going one level higher to the map themes overview and then back again one level down to my map theme settings, the plus is there again.
When opening the map theme settings from the map content button, the plus is always there.

Video:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AredTfs4J1f5guBbUH8s5inUX6aQ-g
  •  

CabrioTourer

@Menion
"@CabrioTourer
hmm, I was fixing a few days ago minor issue in separating of tracks and seems that when I use your data for the test, I get correct results now (no change in the time). So maybe try it again with the next version, but for me, it looks like the issue is fixed now. Thanks!"

Time diff is just 3min now. I'll check how it works on complete route after vacation.

Other point:
It looks to me that no go areas are not synced via cloud (gold).
Could you add this, please?
These no go areas are very important to force the route algorithm not to route through Italien villages. Very dangerous in the Alps.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: CabrioTourer on June 02, 2022, 17:31:27These no go areas are very important to force the route algorithm not to route through Italien villages. Very dangerous in the Alps.
Off topic, but why are Italian Alpine villages dangerous?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

CabrioTourer

Quote from: slarti76 on June 03, 2022, 13:59:54
Quote from: CabrioTourer on June 02, 2022, 17:31:27These no go areas are very important to force the route algorithm not to route through Italien villages. Very dangerous in the Alps.

Sometimes extremly steep, very narrow in poor condition.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: CabrioTourer on June 05, 2022, 22:12:11
Quote from: slarti76 on June 03, 2022, 13:59:54

Sometimes extremly steep, very narrow in poor condition.
ROTFL, I was actually thinking you were avoiding the villages because of, I don't know, mafia etc. ;)
Can't really imagine that the villages are worse than the actual trails, but then again, I'm mostly hiking in Switzerland...
  •  

Menion

*** Beta version 4.10.0.1 ***
Minor fixes + NTRIP client for test.

@CabrioTourer
I know. No-go points are handled independently of the points database. And this is an older idea > separate folder just for no-go points. This should solve many problems ...

Ah, I've forgotten to look at the problem reported by @luce, sorry, next time.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

baegas

Thanks for the quick update
I installed and ran Locus Map Beta with joy.
Unfortunately the mount point is not picked up by the NTRIP client
Click Save to close the Locus Map.
  •  

Menion

The app does not display the selection of mount points when tapping on the "Load mount points" button? Are you able to provide me with some access for testing purposes? Thanks
  •  

baegas

Quote from: Menion on June 08, 2022, 15:57:35
The app does not display the selection of mount points when tapping on the "Load mount points" button? Are you able to provide me with some access for testing purposes? Thanks

Selections are displayed but not fixed

Hostname: RTS2.ngii.go.kr
Port: 2101
Username: ****
Password: ****
  •  

Sersus

I'm here again with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10S, Android 11.
Yesterday I deleted both Locus Classic and Locus Map from my device. After clearing the old settings and restarting the phone I installed Locus Map from scratch, excluded it from any battery optimisation, memory unloading and gave it full access to the GPS under any conditions. Of course the inner Locus options were set to keep fix when track recording.
And again a couple of recorded tracks contained one or more lost GPS fixes, which were presented as the quite long straight lines between two recorded points (when the fix was lost and found again).
It seems to me the application can contain too much of optimization. Because Locus Classic works perfectly.
But it it only my guess  ::)
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
QuoteNTRIP client for test.
is it possible to add to Bluetooth 4+ also GPS ?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@baegas
Hmm when trying to connect to the caster, I always get "timeout". Is the server running?

@Sersus
unfortunate. We received a few reports about this problem on both app versions during the last month. More than usual. I was checking changes in the core related to GNSS during the last half of the year and a) there were none + b) both apps share identical code regards GNSS handling.

So I'm really sorry, but I currently have absolutely no idea how to improve this new behavior.

@balloni55
And is there any publicly available GNSS device that work over BT4?
  •  

baegas

It is a server managed by the state.
Occasionally server checks, but not now.

The captured picture is of a connection to the NTRIP server using the 'Bluetooth GNSS' mock location app.
server is working fine

•  

Menion

Hmm sorry, but I'm trying also "Ntrip Checker" app from Google Play, and the same result: I'm simply unable from middle Europe, to connect to this server. Even simple "RTS2.ngii.go.kr" in the web browser ends with a "Server not exists" error.
  •