Displaying the same item multiple times

Started by Jethro10, May 06, 2022, 14:03:32

Jethro10

Can someone explain why I'm getting an item, in this instance a toilet, displaying multiple times, sometimes with the same or different graphics.
It feels like I've got 3 maps here, but only 1 displaying?
Can I disable the other 2? How do I understand which is from where?

Thanks
Jeff

Henk van der Spek

I see two different symbols, so you got ar least two points.db active like Lopoints and another one?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn BISON met Tapatalk

Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Jethro10

Thanks, I assume from having two maps of the same area downloaded, offline maps.
But only one map can be viewed at any time. So the points in the visible map and the second map are displaying when I select viewing from the search.
Can I disable LoPoints in one of the maps? If so, how?
Jeff
  •  

john_percy

If you can access the folder with the maps stored in it, rename (eg) england.osm.db to england.osm.dbx or similar.
Be aware that this will affect offline searching for places, and also pop up info on points.
You could rename the .db file associated with your other map as an alternative. Try it and see which suits you best.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Jethro10

Jethro10

Quote from: john_percy on May 07, 2022, 09:22:35
If you can access the folder with the maps stored in it, rename (eg) england.osm.db to england.osm.dbx or similar.
Be aware that this will affect offline searching for places, and also pop up info on points.
You could rename the .db file associated with your other map as an alternative. Try it and see which suits you best.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's done it.
so as I see, each map "probably" has a POI db, and if the maps overlap, you get duplicating results.
I guess it could be a bit more intuitive as to how to solve, but I'm there.
Thanks
  •