[APP] - version 4.9.+ ( 04/2022 )

Started by Menion, April 25, 2022, 16:11:17

Andrew Heard

@menion I'm not sure if of interest/ help, but the attached screen cap was when Cloud Sync button tapped first time. On second time the sync worked OK.

getMinBin$RemoteActionCompatParcelizer, code: 14117
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

I always thought - what do you think - it's hard to spot what's an upper level, what is collapsed, what's expanded?
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Viajero Perdido

Is this new?  A track being recorded is drawn over a point pop-up, not under it.  This seems undesirable.

Use case:  I noticed it after "scribbling a lot of red ink" while looking for a geocache, then trying to find out its name.

•  

T-mo

Quote from: tapio on May 01, 2022, 12:07:38
I always thought - what do you think - it's hard to spot what's an upper level, what is collapsed, what's expanded?
this might be on Menion's ToOptimise-List as already noted..
current LoPoint-UI is that useful to me to not use it
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: tapio on May 01, 2022, 12:07:38
@tapio we think very similar
  •  

CabrioTourer

I played a bit with the track glitch detector. To check it I recalculated a route with another router profil.(The route in pictures was generated by BRouter offline)
I would like to ask why the one with the detected glitch was detected and why the three without were not detected. Is it bcs the recalculation isn't fully supported or is there something missing in the detection logic?
I had these two cases multiple times.
  •  

Menion

@slarti76
ah, sorry for calling you "tapio". Too many names on my head :).

Your screenshot: yes, it may be pointless. Then do not use it :). If you need a little bigger, but not the full-screen > use split-screen on your device!

@tapio
The button in the bottom left is doable, it just does not fit into the UI for me. I'll think about it, but for now, this is at least a one-tap improvement.

Offline LoPoins > this screen will be written from scratch. Currently, the priority in development is on the online LoPoins system. A little later we will be working on the new database for offline LoPoints together with UI.

@Andrew Heard
14117 means that "App is not yet initialized". Intersting :). Thanks, but let's hope, it won't happen again ...

@Viajero Perdido
ah damn. It is a bigger problem than it may look. Anyway fixed, thanks!

@CabrioTourer
- glitch on the roundabout is interesting, I'll try to simulate it.

- "glitches" on the big route can't be considered a problem. The so-called " Glitch detector" (funny name, thanks Willy), considers problematic parts of segments when they overlap up to 100m. Longer overlaps are currently considered as intent.

---

Btw. did anyone notice the option to create a "Silent Via-points"? There is a new option when creating new via-points during planning. Currently it is a checkbox with label "notify" ;).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Viajero Perdido

Thanks for the quick fix on the glitch I mentioned.  Here's another (sorry), but I don't consider it urgent.

• Solve a geocache puzzle and update the coords on the website.
  • In Locus, tap "Update cache".  Icon moves as expected.
  • Sync happens.
  • On second device, cache details show the new coords, but icon still displays at original location.  Hiding/showing the entire folder quickly fixes it.
(I should really use the help system for this, apologies.  Next time.)
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on May 02, 2022, 09:07:01
14117 means that "App is not yet initialized". Intersting :). Thanks, but let's hope, it won't happen again ...
strange, app had been running for > 10 minutes
Btw. did anyone notice the option to create a "Silent Via-points"? There is a new option when creating new via-points during planning. Currently it is a checkbox with label "notify" ;).
I hadn't noticed - Silent Via-point = shaping point? except Silent Via-point written/ read from GPX file? If true, is there any need for both types?
  •  

slarti76

@slarti76
ah, sorry for calling you "tapio". Too many names on my head :).

Your screenshot: yes, it may be pointless. Then do not use it :). If you need a little bigger, but not the full-screen > use split-screen on your device!
That's not comparable, because many apps get screwed up by the then unusual aspect ratio.
Is a little expert setting with 3 choices really too much? Sorry for bothering, but I find it a wasted opportunity. Of course, the fault lies with Google and/or Samsung, but I assume you call some system function with a specific aspect ratio, so it shouldn't be such a biggie?!
  •  

slarti76

And another thing: You never reacted to this post of mine:
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7885.msg67574#msg67574

I checked it again with release, same result: Slope Shading looks much better, Hill Shading no real improvement.
  •  

Menion

@Viajero Perdido
well, to be true, I prefer direct communication here on the forum, so really no problem. Sometimes it may be useful to post some really specific or private problems over help desk so it won't bother others, but it depends ...

Sync issue: I think I've found a reason for this, thanks.

@Andrew Heard
In short ...

• Via points: used to define shape during route planning, visible in the list of waypoints, used for recalculation, notified during navigation, exported/imported
  • Via points - silent: same as via-points, but not notified by voice announcement during navigation
  • Shaping points: used to define shape during route planning

@slarti76
Quotebecause many apps get screwed up by the then unusual aspect ratio
Oki and this is also the case for Locus Map?

Hill shading: well I see quite a big difference in the shading of your screenshots. I'm comparing 224356 and 224409 images.

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on May 03, 2022, 13:22:08
In short ...

• Via points: used to define shape during route planning, visible in the list of waypoints, used for recalculation, notified during navigation, exported/imported
  • Via points - silent: same as via-points, but not notified by voice announcement during navigation
  • Shaping points: used to define shape during route planning
@menion thanks for the explanation; I haven't yet tested, but what advantage do Shaping points have over new Silent Via point? Are new Silent Via point in itinerary list - I hope not, and therefore it would seem Shaping points could be totally replaced by silent points. Silent points are exported/ imported from GPX (I assume). You could remove old Shaping points, and refer to new Silent points  as Shaping points. 3 different type of points, with subtle differences, are just asking for endless questions and waste of your support time.

Another Cloud Sync Whoopsy attached. Code: 14117. Once-off error. I was doing nothing unusual at the time. WiFi enabled > main menu > Cloud Sync. I had turned off the screen so not sure how long it took, but > 10s before error.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on May 03, 2022, 13:22:08
@slarti76
Quotebecause many apps get screwed up by the then unusual aspect ratio
Oki and this is also the case for Locus Map?
No, Locus itself handles that well. It's just the matter of what app you're trying to show Locus together with - I mean, if Split Screen were a perfect solution all the time, we wouldn't need PIP at all ;)

Quote from: Menion on May 03, 2022, 13:22:08Hill shading: well I see quite a big difference in the shading of your screenshots. I'm comparing 224356 and 224409 images.
That's what I meant: L12 with 200% Zoom still looks better than L13 with 100% Zoom (well, in the screenshot it's 600% vs. 300%, but the principle applies). And for Slope Shading, it's really better after your change, so I really wonder what's going wrong here...
  •  

Menion

Btw. new version just published on the Google Play.

@Andrew Heard
Do not think about the option to make via-point silent as a third type of point. These points are still via points with tiny options to not notify during navigation, that's all.

Shaping points are a core feature of route planners and I still consider it a very good choice for planning routes, so no changes are planned here.

@slarti76
ah I see it now, thanks. Will be improved in the next app version.