Exporting map to file is no longer possible

Started by Mek, April 23, 2022, 11:21:03

Mek

Locus Map Classic version 3.59.0
When I want to export a track to a file, there is no "Export" button (as it was in previous versions) but only a "Share" button which initiates the "Share" functionality, that lets you send the track via bluetooth etc.
Looks like a bug to me, or is this intentional?
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

Sonny

It's still there, you have to click onto the "roof"-icon on the bottom right

Mek

I guess you are talking about the menu on the bottom right in te detail screen of the track, it contains an Export menu item, but when I tap on it, the Export screen contains a Share button, not an Export button as it used to be.
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

Sonny

I see. It seems that you can either "Share" a track, or if you unceck "Share" then you're able to export to the memory. I think it has been possible in the past to save to memory and share a once.

The same is true for exports of points.

Mek

Ah, got it, I just had to uncheck the "Share" checkbox, thank you :)
  •  

Menion

Yes, this is a recent change where we try to make this screen a little easier to understand. So you "share" OR "export", not both as before. "Share" will be reserved for the more robust sharing system we are working on.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Mek

May I suggest an improvement? Make Export do only the export (remove Share checkbox from the screen) and add a Share functionality (in the same menu where Export is), that will do the sharing :)
IMHO the way it is currently, is harder to understand.
  •  

Menion

And this is the reason why I wrote
Quote"Share" will be reserved for the more robust sharing system we are working on.
;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Mek