Planned route shows parameters like track time in movement and intervals

Started by Graf Geo, April 03, 2022, 11:50:47

Graf Geo

I think with the latest update (LM4.8.1 Gold) there is a small bug with the route planner. (If it is a feature, it doesn't really make sense to me):

Until now, a route planned with the route planner only showed "distance", "elevation" and "others" but no intervals (no intervals here), which is also logical. See screenshots 1 and 2.

Recently, parametes "tracktime", "tracktime in movement" and "pace" are also displayed, as well as "intervals", which then all show 0:00:00. See screenshots 3, 4 and 5.

Is this the way it is supposed to be?
  •  

michaelbechtold

Intervals of fixed time or distance are pretty much useless anyway, I think.
  •  

Graf Geo

This is why no intervals have been displayed in the route planning so far. Only in track recording, where it makes sense. The fact that these and the other parameters mentioned now appear in route planning is, in my opinion, a bug.

Auf Deutsch:

Deshalb wurden bisher ja auch keine Intervalle bei der Routenplanung angezeigt. Nur bei der Trackaufzeichnung, wo es auch sinnvoll ist. Dass diese und die anderen genannten Parameter jetzt bei der Routenplanung auftauchen, ist m. E. ein Bug.
  •  

michaelbechtold

FIXED (!) intervals do NOT make sense for recorded tracks either.
  •  

michaelbechtold

PS: seems I missed quite some innovation in that area.
TXs for the education, Graf Geo,
Cheers
Michael
  •  

Graf Geo

Disagreement with Michael was clarified via PN.  :)

With update to V 4.8.2, the display of intervals and other nonsensical parameters in route planning has been removed again. So everything is fine again.
  •  

Menion

Oki. I've updated the display of intervals, but it is probably still not perfect in all cases. Will improve it a little more. Anyway thanks for noting this problem.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Graf Geo

Hey Menion, what have you done?

I have just returned from a training run and have noticed that no intervals are now displayed on a recorded track (V 4.8.2).
This also affects all previous recorded tracks.

Intervals are pointless for planned routes, but I really want them back for recorded tracks!

Must have happened by mistake, right?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Intervals would make more sense, e.g. if Locus would remove times of no movement in its calculations. I feel Locus needs some kind of flattened/corrected/averaged performance graph maybe. A third line in the slope/elevation graph? I know we can display speed, but a) that is a very fuzzy line also due to gps spikes and b) usually we change it back to elev/slope, ie a bit clumsy.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •