[APP] - version 4.7.+ ( 03/2022 )

Started by Menion, March 16, 2022, 16:25:34

Tapio

But Menion, I don't want to have a dashboard button in the button bar (display of dashboards is bound to presets), but sporadically start the dashboard editor via the main menu...
EDIT: AH. List of dashboards can be accessed via main menu and EDIT is behind 3 dots. Good.
If a dashboard is visible, it turns it off only. Was a bit confusing at first.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on March 27, 2022, 14:10:52
missing "Submit" button should be nice = less support to solve :)
@menion - excellent, you guys deserve a long holiday ;-)
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

Hmm, are you sure about missing submit button? It appears once all required fields are set!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

joeloc

Switching between maps is something I do very frequently on the trail, most of the time toggling between OSM and a satellite map. I believe this is a very frequent operation in Locus, especially now that you have these gorgeous satellite maps in Gold without google hacks. Anyway, map changing has become a bit of a cumbersome multi-tap operation recently: tap on the map icon, tap on the current map name (feels a bit illogical here), find new map in the list, tap on new map name. One could probably put the quick map change function in a toolbar, but that doesn't make the tap orgy less complex really.

How about using a long tap on the map icon (currently unused) to toggle between the previously selected map and the current one? That would make things super-easy and fast if all you need is two maps, like OSM and Satellite.

Žajdlík Josef

Switching between two maps is simple. Just use the function "Overlay Map" with cover 100%. This can be turned on either a separate button or in the "Map screen" "click" Eye ".
  •  

lor74cas

Hello,
while recording a track, especially when I use locus for testing, it happens that I want to exit without saving.
Then I press the back button twice and the warning appears that there is a track being recorded.
If I touch the trash, the confirmation message appears, but once the ok is given Locus does not close, but returns to the map. So again back back to close Locus.
I think after confirmation of the cancellation it should close.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on March 28, 2022, 19:45:11
Switching between two maps is simple. Just use the function "Overlay Map" with cover 100%. This can be turned on either a separate button or in the "Map screen" "click" Eye ".
I suppose that would be twice as slow and eat twice as much battery for rendering. Or does the overlay handling have special optimizing for funky 0% and 100% use case?

Anyway, I use the overlay for different things (strava heatmap), so it wouldn't help my case. Locus still struggles big time with caching from the heatmap tile server btw, but that's a totally different story :-).

Long tapping the map icon (the two stacked rectangles bottom left) is unused so far and simply does nothing. Toggling between the last two maps seems like a reasonable action.
  •  

michaelbechtold

On a slower tab handling huge maps with the overlay feature, I found that even in a 100% setting the base map is rendered, then overlay on top.

@Menion: we discussed that years ago - why is that? 0/100 are special cases that can be identified trivially ...
  •  

Menion

@joeloc
I remember I wanted to save a long click on the "map content" for something "big", but for now, this is a nice idea, so let's try it ... thanks

@lor74cas
"especially when I use locus for testing" ... I have it sometimes the same, but ... I do not think there is the simple answer and an all-happy solution, sorry.

@michaelbechtold
I do not remember we discussed the performance of drawing overlay with 0 opacity, sorry. Anyway as you wrote > easy task, done, thanks.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on March 28, 2022, 08:35:35
Hmm, are you sure about missing submit button? It appears once all required fields are set!
@menion - ahh sorry - once the category is changed from default Uncategorized, then the Submit button appears. Is this new behavior? What if none of the categories are appropriate? Somewhat confusing; I think I would disable the Submit button rather than hide, or even better allow user to click Submit but then display an error message that a category must be selected. PS. I see the Submit button is still visible when Title, description & Application fields are empty, and clicking Submit then displays helpful messagebox "Please fill in the required fields".
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

michaelbechtold

MANY years back, Menion, and not very intense anyway ;-)
0% done - gr8!
100% ?
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
agree it should be more user-friendly. To be true, I'm a little bit lazy to cross-post problems on the https://help.useresponse.com website :P

@michaelbechtold
100%  :D ... fortunately I do not have to care about this case. Overlay vector maps have a disabled background so there is a high chance, that the base map will be necessary as well ...
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: michaelbechtold on March 28, 2022, 21:35:25
On a slower tab handling huge maps with the overlay feature, I found that even in a 100% setting the base map is rendered, then overlay on top.

@Menion: we discussed that years ago - why is that? 0/100 are special cases that can be identified trivially ...
0% is obviously a simple case... 100% not so much. At least Locus would have to check if the overlay map data comes with an alpha channel. I use a 100% strava heatmap overlay quite often and obviously, the basemap still has to be rendered.
  •  

balloni55

i have folders with POI's i created myself, there are no geocaches inside them!

If none of these POI's is displayed and I click on the icon in front of the folder name I get in the selection > filter fav10/50
see screenshot
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

App offers your own saved filters.
  •