[APP] - version 4.6.+ ( 02/2022 )

Started by Menion, February 02, 2022, 14:16:18

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on February 25, 2022, 16:06:05
@slarti76
sharing a photo, hmm, I'll look at it ...
I see it's implemented in 4.6.1.5 - much appreciated, thx!
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: Menion on March 06, 2022, 14:12:28
Is there any other core feature that is missing? Question to users who prefer automatic updates over Google Play of the non-AFA version instead of manual update over Google Drive ...

It would still be good to unite control. Map manager uses three dots. Map topics administrator Long press.
  •  

alogblog

I installed MapGooglePlayAfa_4.6.1.5_1060_beta.apk and tested WS07 BT thermometer.

In audio coach's "Add stats" lists, LM displayed wrongly "Humidity" to "Temperature".

Upper Temperatue item seems like Humidty.

And if I select one of two, then all of two "Tempareture"s are selected.

Thanks.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Menion

@arnor
hmm, currently it is not possible. The system file browser also does not allow multi-file picking. Probably best in your case is to use the existing system over /memory/Android/MEDIA/menion.android.locus directory where you should still be able to copy&paste your data without any problem and the app will automatically load it after the restart.

@Žajdlík Josef
heh, you use "new" Maps manager? I want to finish it for almost two years  :-X

United control (over the visible three-dot menu) > ok. Are (almost) everyone ok to change the list of themes from the two-column grid into a common list where every line > single theme? Little worst to correctly click, but also a little more usable

POLL
Let's try a small poll: https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/27467-ui-of-map-themes-as-a-list , thanks all

@alogblog
ah thanks, stupid copy & paste issue.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

I just tried a new map manager. I really like it. Map topics would only be added as another bookmark to Map Manager.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

One more question.
When I install beta version from Google Drive, Android will reinstall the old version of Google Play within a few hours. Wouldn't it be resolved? I don't want to stay off and turn on automatic updates on it.
  •  

tannenzäpfle

Very helpful in this case is:
apk-signer you can get in play-store.
I have several APK which I do not want to update, To avoid automatic updates or accidental updates by myself I use this APP to sign the APP before installing.

Hartmut
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi Hartmut,
any hint why that beast would not sign AFA apk files? It hangs at maybe 40% progress, output files stay at 0 bytes. Or does it take viewing 100s of those ads to succeed?
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Menion: screenshot is a cool feature, but why does it discard the distance markers??
Would be great if you could fix that.
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Hartmut: this signing app finally produced an apk, but it killed the AFA feature on the way.
Any iudea?
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  

Menion

What a stupid idea with re-signing apps?? Not just Locus, but many different apps won't work correctly after this!! Bleee

@Žajdlík Josef
hmm, it will probably need a higher internal ID for Beta versions. I'll keep this in mind.

michaelbechtold

I agree a higher number for betas is the most stable approach for users ...
  •  

alogblog

Version: MapGooglePlayAfa_4.6.1.6_1061_beta.apk

In audio coaching of new BLE thermometer, there are bugs and my proposal.

1. Bug
In humidity tts, no round-off occured. For exmple, it says 56.123. (Temperature did round-off)
So I tested some.

I found that under a situation like no ko.tts file in data/tts folder, it says well 56.
But if there is ko.tts in that folder, it says humidity is 56.123.

2. Bug
In temerature tts, when using ko.tts or other languages's tts, LM added digit "1" to the last.
For example, it says "temperature 25.7 degree celsius(of course in Korean) 1".

3. Proposal
I found LM sends  the temperature with "unit" added. to TTS engine.
I think it might cause some uneasiness(?).

For example, it says in English(using en.tts) "temperature 24.5 degree celsius"

When I question the weather to Google Home in English, it says "temp~ is 24.5 degree" (with no celsius)

I found LM seems to send to TTS  like "24.5 °C" ( digits+space+degree char+C")

In some TTS engines, the way of reading temperatue characters are different.
Google TTS and Samsung TTS engine read it differently.

For example, some reads "24.5 degree" or "24.5 degree celsius" or (In Korean or others) "24.5 degree celsius temperature". So fininally, LM says "temparatue 24.5 degree celsius temperature(all Korean)"

Of coures it might not be LM's respnsibility.

Anyway...

So I propose some .

1. Like heart rate case, how about sending just temperatue/humidity numbers not with unit.
  so users using various TTS engines can adapt theirs case using lang.tts files.

2. Or if LM should send to TTS the temperarue added temp units, I wish one of two is to be adapted
    2.1. Using just ONE temperatue unicode char  "℃", not two  °+C chars,.(Some TTS engine of some languges read it dif)
    2.2, If using two ASCII chars  ° C, then please remove "space" between numbers and units like 24.5°C not 24.5(space)°C, Because some TTS engines read it as just numbers and the name of that unit, not as simple tempature.

I think method 1 is just simple and can be expandable by users freely,
however, with any method, I wish TTS reading of temp/humidity sounds natural to all people.

Thanks

Menion

@alogblog
thanks for the very precise feedback!

1, 2: This is really interesting. I'm unable to simulate it, but I've changed an internal logic a little bit, so hopefully, this will be solved in the next version.

3. hmm not so easy anyway
- very nice ℃ character, did not know it. Anyway, when used, Google TTS is unable to read it!
- I've also removed space between the value and the unit. You are correct it should be better.

•  

Menion

So another version was published ... 1062 versions so far, nice :)

Seems that the winter season is slowly finishing ... finally! Enjoy sunny days.