[APP] - version 4.6.+ ( 02/2022 )

Started by Menion, February 02, 2022, 14:16:18

baegas

thank you for your reply
It's strange. In the previous version, it showed no problem as in the picture, but I don't know why the current version is like this.
The external GPS is the same product anyway, the same input/output signals in the past and now will be delivered to the app.
  •  

Menion

I was worried you write this  :). I'm rewriting the internal NMEA parser to a more robust solution. And during this, I validate what they already app did. And horizontal accuracy was computed incorrectly from the HDOP values. But this was a small hack that does not make too much sense. The solution here should be to display directly this HDOP value as an +- indicator of this horizontal location quality. But it is definitely not an ideal solution. A lot better is when GPS directly support GPGST message.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

slarti76

After years, I used the geotagged-photos-on-map feature again. I noticed that the share button only shares the position. Even if I click on the picture, it open in a window, but there's no way to open it in another app, like my normal gallery. I think there should be a share button, at least in the picture view, better directly on the icon. Currently, long press on the icon opens a "menu" containing only "Set as icon" as option. This would be a perfect place to add (system) share without much effort.
  •  

Menion

Good luck to all near friends from the not too far east!

And we all others who have peace at home for now ... new Beta 4.6.1.4 with one big nice addition for Gold users (satellite maps), enjoy it.

And one big negative message as well. Google just yesterday removed support for "All files permission (AFA)" also for Locus Map 4  :-[ ... so from now, I'll be always generating also two versions of the Locus Map 4. For me, it means investing some time and improving app behavior without the AFA. Sorry and thanks for understanding. Current public versions are unaffected by this.

@slarti76
sharing a photo, hmm, I'll look at it ...

Tapio

Nice, but I wish Satmap was downloadable...  :)
Interesting Satmap, what is it? Does not seem to be Google/Bing/Esri - EDIT ah, HERE maps
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: tapio on February 26, 2022, 10:31:47
Nice, but I wish Satmap was downloadable...  :)
Interesting Satmap, what is it? Does not seem to be Google/Bing/Esri - EDIT ah, HERE maps
In the description I found "Map Tiles @2022 Here, Maxar, EuroGeographics"

@Menion
Is it possible to know the date of the aerial shot?
I am using them as a locus map overlay on my very old test cell phone and they work beautifully.
As Tapio said, it would not hurt to have the ability to download satellite images locally for limited areas of interest such as lidar files, although I understand that the data to be exchanged in this case is very consistent.
Having the images locally, on our mobile phones, would lighten the data exchange and benefit your servers.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

Hi guys, aerial tiles are downloaded directly from the "Here" servers and we pay for them quite high price. That's why they are available only as part of the Gold Premium and also not downloadable. Thanks for understanding.

And the age of tiles, hmm good question.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

balloni55

Hello menion
settings/geocaching/autoload wpt/ if some or all are marked they will be displayed on map,
but if the selection is deselected the waypoints remain visible even after a restart.
The problem is with both LMP and LM4
the only way to fix the problem is a long click on the data button > hide map content
We had this problem some time ago, do you remember?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

New version 4.6.1.5 with big updates in the file-system support on the A11+.

@balloni55
ah, sorry, I've forget to look at it. At the start of the next week  ;)

michaelbechtold

Good evening Menion,
I read the impressive release notes, which make me eager to understand WHAT is now different re. file system. And what that means for AFA and for non-AFA versions.
TXs and cheers and have a nice weekend
Michael
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

michaelbechtold

PS: really nice arrows (pattern choice) for the direction of the track. TXs a lot!
  •  

T-mo

4.6.1.5 launched, still AFA version to avoid possible mess.
A11 here.
Is this the point to backup, backup backup and better go with non-AFA with beta?
  •  

michaelbechtold

Let us wait for Menion to explain what he did in this version.
To early to call without those facts.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys, I'm not sure what exactly you need to know, so at least a few notes.

Since the next version, Locus Map 4 from Google Play also won't have AFA permission, so same as Locus Map Pro. Because of this, I'll be generating the AFA version and distributing it over Google Drive for now.

Because of this, I'll try to improve the usage of non-AFA versions as much as possible. New Beta already includes some core tweaks I was able to implement. From my point of view, the core is import/export of any points/tracks from anywhere and to anywhere (anywhere in the device + clouds). This is now possible. Also, I've added an option to import a map (and select subdirectory where to place it) and also import a zipped map theme. All this is in related places or over general "Import" function.

Is there any other core feature that is missing? Question to users who prefer automatic updates over Google Play of the non-AFA version instead of manual update over Google Drive ...

arnor

Is it possible to change the options for importing a map and importing a theme in 'importing A SET of maps and A SET of themes? In other words 'copy from a complete directory to a directory.

I have 4 devices where i have to place several  same OSM's. Several times in a year I renew these maps. ThereforeI I downloaded these maps in a directory in Google Drive. With X-plore I copied selected maps in one step to de maps-vector directory.
  •