Important links
- short list of news of public versions
- Blog post (in preparation...)
- Public versions
- Beta versions

Versions
2. 2. 2022 - Locus 4.6.0
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

I've today published a new version of the Locus Map 4 on Google Play. Today only for 25% of users, rest in next days. If anyone wants to test & play with it (or with the Locus Map Pro version), they are all already available on Google Drive!

Just for your info, why I do not communicate often as usual. Well, winter, some team planning, family require also some more time now, some illness and working on the system for one-time payments that consume most of my (not just) time. So nothing special and unusual, but just informing that app is still in progress   8)

Stay all healthy and don't be too much hidden at home like me, it does not worth it  ;)

freischneider

Pictures and WIKI in online LoPoi are super. But there is a small data error, I have reported it here. Think it does not belong here, because the function works.
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/27192-wrong-images-in-online-lopoi

But the LoPoi and others are very confusing. In the picture I see LoPoi online, LoPoi offline and OAM Poi. But I never know which Poi has which source.
here would be the suggestion at the end of the display to make a small sign. See picture.
e.g. for Online the www globe.
and I can not hide the OAM Poi. Hide go only general offline Poi.
I would like to hide LoPoi offline but show OAM Poi offline.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

slarti76

Got two small observations:

• The new "minimized point/track pull-up" is nice, but I would prefer if that flag is "sticky". Let's say I have several tracks close to each other and click one, then click the pull-up title to make it small, to just see the name. Now I click another track, but I get the big pull-up again. It would be nicer if the pull-up stayed minimized while clicking through points and tracks. Once I unselect everything, the flag is cleared, so next time I click something I get the full size again. In short: "When track/point clicked && already a pull-up shown && pull-up minimized => show new pull-up minimized"
  • I never before saw this "Show View" function. It's nice, but - at least on HD screens - basically useless, because it's so small. On my screen the >50% transparency part is ca. 3x3mm, and when I'm e.g. on a motorway, which is usually yellow or orange, it's almost invisible. Could you add a %-size selection in settings? Btw, when I long-click the button in Quick Settings and chose "Information", an empty message is displayed.

Menion

@freischneider
thanks for the bug report, Radim will look at it.

OAM offline LoPoins use exactly the same system as our old offline LoPoins. The app does not see the difference between these two systems. If you see offline LoPoins from OAM and from LoMaps at once (which seems so based on your screenshot), then it is really really interesting. Anyway, probably the best solution is to delete the LoMaps database file.

@slarti76
- good idea with "semi-persistent" bottom panel size ... will look at it, thanks
- "Show view" > may you please post me a screenshot how it looks on your device? Thanks
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on February 03, 2022, 09:42:18
@slarti76
- good idea with "semi-persistent" bottom panel size ... will look at it, thanks
Yes please! Someone asked for this behaviour two weeks ago. https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/26966-highlighting-of-tracks-with-inverse-color#comment-108543
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Hmm, who was it?  :)
I read it Tapio, but I thought that you want to keep it always down till you tap again. Never mind, my mistake. Implemented, will be in next app version.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

It's a bit nitpicking, but as much as possible space for map is important.

So, can Locus detect the required space for the collapsed bottom panel more precisely? See screenshot, it could save some more space. Also it would look more useful if only the tracks name would be visible and no half unreadable lines. Maybe you could even create a distinct, space saving ui element only for the collapsed state. With just the track name  visible in a small line (I don't like the word wrap here) and an arrow up tap zone indicating expanding...
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

CabrioTourer

Just a question. Does someone knows if Locus works on Find N or other foldable?
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: CabrioTourer on February 05, 2022, 17:19:18
Just a question. Does someone knows if Locus works on Find N or other foldable?
For general questions is normally the helpdesk.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

@tapio
what you see is intent. I do this on more places in the app > next row is visible from the half to indicate, there is more content that may be scrolled.

@CabrioTourer
@freischneider, well, why not to ask here in more friendly and less official places right? ;). And answer is simple: the app is not limited by any device resolutions etc, so it should work. How much usable it will be? Hard to say. I was not creating any optimizations for foldable devices yet, so keep this in mind.

T-mo

LM 4.6.0
reg. Routeplanner:
- after calculation by using the build-in routing is the ETT (estimated travel time) based on the Profile used? Would make sense, but I would prefer using another one if evaluating bike-routes, maybe one of the ETT-list, by default..
- as known 'recalculate all' tells to switch to brouter. Though I want to use graphhopper (online service) which shouldn't be really tricky at least with a simple start-end-route. Trick is to resort via itinerary back and forth, then it works  8)  I suggest to optimize this artificial limitation and the switch-dialog..if really necessary at all, don't know
- doing this I recognised some layout flaws sometimes appearing, see screenshots..route overview at top instead of back-button or not shown at bottom
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

I tried to find in your neighborhood Points in Wikipedia, which would also include figures. It would be possible to add a "Add photo" function in detail with the option of adding from the camera or from the folder?
  •  

balloni55

V 4.6.1.1
- FC after short click on GPS button, long click work as expected
- Co-App WhereYouGo has a new icon since last update > Appinfo/Co-Apps
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@T-mo
- yes, the profile is used to compute times. Any big differences to reality?
- I'll think about it. This limit was created because GraphHopper service was paid and I had to reduce the amount of requests to be within certain limits. Anyway, I'll look at it ...
- graphical problem: how you did it?  :D

@Žajdlík Josef
Do you mean adding your own photos to our public LoPoints? This is currently a work in progress and will be available this year for sure. Otherwise please describe it a little more, thanks.

@balloni55
Thanks a lot balloni. I've just fixed the crash and updated the icon and generated a new version under the same ID, so just simply update to make it work again.