Locus lost all my settings, offline maps, routes, icons due to new storage optio

Started by bendy303, January 14, 2022, 11:57:45

bendy303

I didn't update my android, so it's not that.  Locus all of a sudden forced me to choose an alternate storage location with a pop up,  and now I have lost all my settings and routes. I restored the routes with cloud sync but now all my icons are gone. My offline maps see also gone.
  •  

stecard

•  

freischneider

Since there is not always an answer here. It is best to report the problem to the helpdesk.
https://help.locusmap.eu/
There you will get help in any case. In most cases the data is still available. They are just not always visible.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
help desk is of course ideal option. As the main app dev and probably the only active from the Asamm team here, I'm not able to always answer everything. Anyway, in this case, I will gladly try to help here as it seems to be quite a serious issue and you were willing to register here on the forum.

With the latest version, the app force Android 11+ users to move its data to the app's private storage. Why this? Many were written, for example on our blog so no need to explain it. But in all cases, there should definitely be a loss of data. Did you get an offer to transfer data? Does this process finish successfully? If not, any error message was visible? Also, original data should be still available at the root of internal memory.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •