Crashes on Locus Map Pro 3.56.5 / Locus 4.5.6

Started by stecard, January 10, 2022, 16:01:45

stecard

I often have crashes on version 3.56.5.

It happens on both Samsung Galaxy M31 (Android 11) and on Cubot KingKong Mini 2 (Android 10). Lately I only use the latter and on this smartphone it seems more frequent.

It happens more often when I record a track (about 3 times in 4/5 hours of use) less if I only view the map (once in 4/5 hours). I use OAM maps.

I read another thread where a similar problem was due to memory issues, but in my case the Samsung has 6GB, while on the Cubot (which has 3GB) I only have Locus and the essential Google apps.

What can it be?
  •  

karlchick

I'm also getting LMP crashes sometimes when I open the themes to select a theme, maybe once in every 12 accesses...
User id: 62b600722
Author of the OS Map Theme:
DiscussDownload
  •  

stecard

Quote from: karlchick on January 10, 2022, 18:53:51
I'm also getting LMP crashes sometimes when I open the themes to select a theme, maybe once in every 12 accesses...

This is not my case, I always leave the same theme ("Elevate" in OpenAndroMpas).
  •  

stecard

I have tried with Locus 4.5.6 (silver) and I had the same crash.
I have tried also with Oruxmaps and had no crash, so it's not a device problem.

Is it possible to have it solved?
  •  

freischneider

The best thing to do is to contact the helpdesk. Add the user or device ID. Menu / Appinfo / Appinfo
Which version and which device and which Android.
https://help.locusmap.eu/
Then write here briefly so that you have opened a ticket. So it is not answered twice.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

Regards crash when working with the map themes > please give a try to the fresh new version from Google Play. There is included a lot of fixes that may help here. Thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

stecard

Ok, I'll try the new version and, if it will crash again, I'll open a ticket.

Thanks
  •  

stecard

I have crash also with locus 4.6.1. I have opened a ticket in help desk.
  •