having two or more vectormaps enabled at the same time

Started by novus, July 04, 2011, 11:31:34

novus

I am living near a borderline between two states (Austria and Germany).

So, when I only can view one vectormap, I often have to switch between two maps when I cross the borderline (e.g. when I'm hiking).

For that my wish is, to have two or more vectormaps enabled for viewing at the same time, looking like one map (compare to "navit").

Would be great, also for tourists, in many areas (alps).

By the way - thanks for enabling vectormaps so far!
  •  

wvb

I am also very interested in this..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  •  

Menion

this is probably not in my power ... after vector maps will be officially released in Locus, almost all requests should be shifted to mapsForge (creator of vector map library) issue tracker
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

novus

Thanks for your response.

Only to understand you correctly - does this mean, that the code you use for showing the maps, is originally coming from mapsForge and outside of your influence?
  •  

Menion

yes exactly. Whole code that generate map tiles from vector map file is from mapsForge so I currently have no influence on it. Anyway I only generate small bitmap images, whole system for displaying map is my own. I use only a small part of their library - but the important :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

novus

Ah, o.k. I understand.

Thanks.
  •  

Jones1024

Hi menion,

what do you think about switch automaticly between vector maps (as an option)? If the red cross (mapcenter) cross the line (perhaps more than 5 seconds - adjustable :-)) - Locus toggles to the other map.

Jones1024
  •