Locus 3.56.4: Internal theme symbols overlap custom theme symbols.

Started by Bernd.S, December 30, 2021, 20:01:38

Bernd.S

I'm using Locus Map Pro, version 3.56.4, and the elevate render theme from Open Andro Maps.
I see that some symbols of the internal theme are always drawn (e.g. bus stop, parking place, restaurant, bakery, supermarket, ...).
They overlap or suppress the elevate symbols. It also can be seen, that these symbols are drawn before the card rendering according to the theme is started (internal symbols appear immediately on a white background, then the rest of the map is drawn). All other elements look according to the rendering theme.
I uninstalled Locus, deleted all data and installed it again but this had no effect. It also happens on different devices.
Is there a way to disable the internal theme symbols or is it a small bug in the software?
  •  

michaelbechtold

I'm a bit lost: when I am using Elevate, I do not encounter symbols from the internal theme.
Maybe you are seeing the POIs (which come fram a database associated with the map) ?
  •  

john_percy

Menu > More functions > LoPoints (offline) > triple dots (top right corner) and turn off "show on map".
These can come from the poi database associated with LoMaps or the database associated with OAMaps. The map doesn't need to be active for the database to be used. If you have both LoMaps and OAMaps points will be duplicated!
I believe that currently the symbol set used is the one from the theme selected for Mapsforge V3/LoMaps, even if the active map is a V4/5 map. If changing the symbol set is the issue, you need to have a LoMap installed (delete the .db file if you wish) and select it and your chosen V3 theme (Elevate LE) before switching to your V4/5 map. This only needs to be done once.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org

Bernd.S

Thank you very much, john_percy. This was the solution.
I'm using a V4 theme and V4 maps only. After disabling "show on map" now all symblols are drawn accoding to the theme only and not overlayed by the OAMaps POI.

I whish you a happy new year 2022 !

Bernd
  •