Auto switch to " pause " mode during track recording

Started by Eric, June 30, 2011, 18:12:56

Eric

After I updated to version 1.8.11 , when I was recording the track , then switched off the screen , after a while , it will auto switch to " pause " mode , I resumed to " record " mode , and it once again auto switch to " pause " mode . Before updated to this version , I did not have these problems !
  •  

novus

Hi @ all.

I am newly registered and this is my first post. So a few words to introduce me. I am a new user of locus (since may) and I'm not a programmer and so of course also not really familiar to android. So I can describe my problems only out of the "customer's" view... ;)

I have got the same problem as Eric has.

When I start recording a track and then manually switch off the screen, the recording switches to "pause"-status. Manually then pressing the pause-button and then the record-button again makes the recording going on.

Another thing is, that the auto-switch to "pause" - problem does not occur when the screen is switched off automatically by the system. The problem is only present, when the screen is switched off manually. So nothing for people without patience. ;)

The versions, I have the problem with, is 1.8.11 from the market, but also version 1.8.11.2, both free versions. I don't know, if the pro-version has the same problem.

novus
  •  

Eric

I was now using free version 1.8.10 instead of free version 1.8.11 , and it worked normally for track recording and no more mentioned problems occured !
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
  this is really weird. I'm searching through code and there shouldn't be any possibility to set track record to "pause", other then manually on "PAUSE" button on panel. Did anyone have similar experience? I'll probably tomorrow release version on market, so please try it, to be sure it still have some problems and then I'll start to find solution
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

novus

Hi menion.

Perhaps the description of the error is a little misunderstandable.

The "pause" status, the app is going to automatically, is not the normal one, which means, that the "pause"-button is not (!) highlighted. But the behavior is like the pause status.

When then pressing the "pause"-button and the "record"-button again, the track is normally continued, as if you had really left the "pause"-status. The "record"-button without "pause"-button before does not help... :?

Strange behavior...  :shock:
  •  

Menion

I understand correctly ... wait till next release and I'll do some debug version then
  •  

novus

So, now it's version 1.9 ... ;)

What I made today:

- I started Free version 1.9 and let the app get the position via GPS
- I chose "record" from right side bar
- I started recording with button in bottom bar
- I switched off the screen manually and started moving (by bike)
- After about 600 m I stopped and switched the screen on to control: everything o.k. - a very nice track was shown correctly
- I switched off the screen manually again and went on moving
- When I reached my desination I switched on the screen again

What I saw then was, that since the first stop there was no point recorded although from experience the GPS should get a position there (it's a plane surrounding with good view to the sky). Only my position where I was standing actually was recorded with the consequence, that there was a straight line between the two stop-positions.  :o

I stopped experimenting at this point, but I will go on in the next days.

Next I'll try the same without manually switching the screen. Perhaps in case of auto-switchoff the error will not occur like that one, I had before... :?
  •  

Eric

Hi menion ,

Updated to new free version 1.9 , and it worked normally for track recording and no more mentioned problems occured !

Thanks for your new version !

Eric
  •  

novus

I did a lot of testing now and my conclusion is:

tracking is working fine with version 1.9 !

So, sorry for wrong alarm...
  •  

Menion

really? Surprise for me because by your last post, looks there is still any problem. Anyway, when something goes wrong again and it can be replicate with some method, write me ;)
  •  

novus

Well, I repeated yesterday's test today and it worked fine.

Another track recording yesterday (a different tour) also worked fine. So it is 2:1 for "working fine" against "error"... ;)

I'll try the same track the next days every morning, for it's my way to office.

If there are news, I'll let you know.  :)
  •