[APP] - version 4.5.+ ( 1. 12. 2021+ )

Started by Menion, December 01, 2021, 21:06:00

Tapio

A. Heard, strange, everything works fine here now. Mapsforge V5? Maybe try another map from https://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/misc/openstreetmap/openandromaps//mapsV5/europe/
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on December 22, 2021, 23:07:31
@fresichneider
link to file with the relative path to app root directory worked before? I'm surprised. I expect a relative path within the theme directory. Hmm anyway, I've made it work...
I am not familiar with the directories. Also do not know what Absolute means. Before the conversion to A11 it worked in any case. I have chosen the recommended file move. Everything else was done by Locus.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Andrew: Menion has extended the logging significantly. Long tap on the low left Hamburger menu, tap the logging option and switch on the first 3 of them.
You can see quite a bit yourself what is happening under the cover... And Menion will see even more ;-)

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on December 22, 2021, 15:18:13Anyway, because I create app directories manually, there is a change, this dir won't be deleted ... what a stupid Google decision, omg.
This contradicts what I answered me above - so did you try it out or otherwise came to the conclusion that the folder under media is not deleted?
I'm totally confused now.

As an aside:
I do understand and kinda support that Google doesn't allow everyone to write directly to the root folder of intSd or extSd (incl. not creating directories) - that only led to chaos with tons of folders like "backup", "Backup", "backups", "bak", "tmp", "temp", "tempAppName", etc. Their "solution" approach, however, goes much too far, obviously, and is too restrictive.
  •  

michaelbechtold

I just checked /Android/media and found an app that puts a folder there and that I could dispose of without harm: the app specific folder in media will go with the deinstallation.

Maybe Menion can try to CREATE a folder /Android/media/maps by Locus, then uninstall Locus and tell the result.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: michaelbechtold on December 23, 2021, 11:16:58
I just checked /Android/media and found an app that puts a folder there and that I could dispose of without harm: the app specific folder in media will go with the deinstallation.
I'm sorry, but you're also contradicting yourself: Can you dispose of the app without harm (= without the folder being deleted) or will the folder in media go (=be removed) with the deinstallation.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Without harm means that the app is not important to me.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: slarti76

slarti76

Quote from: michaelbechtold on December 23, 2021, 11:38:05
Without harm means that the app is not important to me.
Ah, OK, thx, now I understand.
  •  

slarti76

Then we're back to the question whether generic folders like Android/media/maps would work, i.e. Locus can access them the way it needs, and they're not removed by any deinstallation (which I'm pretty optimistic about, there's no way for Android, at least on ExFAT, to be sure which app created a folder, if it doesn't conform to a specific naming scheme).
  •  

Menion

Version 4.5.6 was just published on Google Play.

@Andrew Heard
I was checking the code and it really does not make sense to me. Update to the new version once it will be available, re-select any vector map, and give it a try again, thanks. Michael wrote about an improved logging system > this is correct, but ... I'll explain it later :). But it does not help too much here ...

@slarti76
sorry for the confusion with the "media" directory. I was not yet trying it, so it was only my guess.

@michaelbechtold
give a try to this new version. What about start performance, better? Should be.

Android is really weird since A11.
"Android/media"

App create directory with the package name, so /Android/media/menion.android/locus/x
- app may read and write here without limits
- directory is deleted together with the app!!

App may also create any! directory here, so for example /Android/media/maps
- app can not read any content from this directory. Simply request "get files" return "nothing" even I've just put few maps there.
- directory is not deleted together with the app

Interesting.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7625.msg66034.msg#66034

A map download in Cruiser is by the browser. (Into downloads).
The map selection is by the (a) file explorer. (Un)install Cruiser app so should not touch nor delete the downloaded mapvector files ? Right ? To test by A11owners.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Mi A2 Lite met Tapatalk

Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5
  •  

luce

Quote from: luce on December 22, 2021, 17:34:33
Little issue: the quick button for the theme "layers" (see red circle) shows only a blank list.

Solved in 4.5.6, thank you!
And merry Christmas from Austria  :)

Lucas
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

michaelbechtold

@Menion: start speed is fast as lightning - WOWWWW! And a big TXs.

Willi did test with Cruiser, and I tested with c:geo (see also my direct mail to you). Download of maps to this place do work. Even using below as a base folder does work.
A de-install did NOT delete /Android/media/cgeo (which is NOT the official app naming path!).

Not sure which access method they are using.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Menion on December 23, 2021, 13:06:01Android is really weird since A11.
"Android/media"

App create directory with the package name, so /Android/media/menion.android/locus/x
- app may read and write here without limits
- directory is deleted together with the app!!
So the main difference to the folder in data is that at least file manager apps have full access here, whereas in data they only have on the intSd (which may or may not actually be a bug that Google decided not to fix in A11 in order not to break something).

QuoteApp may also create any! directory here, so for example /Android/media/maps
- app can not read any content from this directory. Simply request "get files" return "nothing" even I've just put few maps there.
- directory is not deleted together with the app
Well, that really makes no sense, granted. Being able to create directories you can't read from - oo-whee!
  •  

michaelbechtold

@slarti76: I have been testing with c:geo with even its base folder on ext SD /Android/media/cgeo, with a lot of reads and writes.

I agree with your assessment that Google screwed up and did not repair for proper access to the private folders for file managers with the full privilege.

E.g. x-plore can create folders anywhere in any private structure. But cannot read or write a single file into the folders it created itself.
  •