[APP] - version 4.5.+ ( 1. 12. 2021+ )

Started by Menion, December 01, 2021, 21:06:00

bezel

Quote from: michaelbechtold on December 17, 2021, 23:46:01
Hi Andrew,
someone had such in LMP as well last week or early this week.
The path is fully broken and blocks any user action with it.
Need to leave that to Menion.
Cheers
Michael

the oam maps cannot be saved externally in LocusPro and then displayed !
neither themes stored in external nor external storage locations are displayed or offered for selection!!!

so aswell serious problems with LocusPro!

may we hope that this will also be fixed in LocusPro in the foreseeable future?
  •  

michaelbechtold

@bezel: you are posting in various places about your problem. Do you have a systematic picture of the setup of your device?
- Android level
- Locus update when, from which version
- which migration has been performed, if any (i.e. which base folder, any custom sub-directories)
-- manual attempt
-- or inside Locus

I have one device with latest LM4 and LMP, and also LMP can store OAM maps via Locus Action (install link in OAM)
  •  

bezel

Quote from: michaelbechtold on December 18, 2021, 11:56:24
@bezel: you are posting in various places about your problem. Do you have a systematic picture of the setup of your device?
- Android level
- Locus update when, from which version
- which migration has been performed, if any (i.e. which base folder, any custom sub-directories)
-- manual attempt
-- or inside Locus

I have one device with latest LM4 and LMP, and also LMP can store OAM maps via Locus Action (install link in OAM)
@michaelbechtold
the problem with locuspro and android 11 is really a disaster for me right now, as i wanted to travel in a few days and am "dependent" on locus.

- device: outdoor smartphone UNIHERTZ ATOM L
- latest Android 11 version
- latest Locusmap Pro version (updated yesterday): 3.56.3

- the app is in the internal memory
- try as usual with all OAM maps, themes, srtm's etc stored externally on the sd card

Access to OAM maps is only possible if I save them internally;
accessing the themes, whether internal or external under ...mapsVector/_themes, no longer works. Selection of themes is not possible.

I really do not know how to solve the problem... Sorry.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quickest way is a downgrade to 3.5.5 (2021-09)
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1U8U1D-NGQ9CAnqXAkleEXi46wH2T7tMR

As you have no time debug.

The 3.5.5 can access all the folders on ext SD.
If the migration has moved some things in the wrong place, use x-plore or Solid Explorer or Total Commander to put them in the right location carefully - or a PC/USB connect.

Good luck. And nice travels.

slarti76

Menion, I was wondering:
You're not the first to suffer under Google restrictions. I know quite some apps that offer a "Google-impaired" version on Google Play, and another without those restriction on their website.
I mean, I'm not an expert on Android development, but if I remember correctly, you can request any Android right from the user if the app is sideloaded. So you could tell the user: "Play version only allows to store map and other extra data in internal app dir. If you need to access data stored anywhere on your system, please install the version from the website (sideload): <link here>".
Wouldn't that be a compromise to appease Google and the power users at the same time?

balloni55

Hello menion
inside presets i´ve set a custom theme using V4+ maps
since last update on each change (or re call) of a preset the theme is changed to "general" on displayed map???
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

baegas

After the update, if the gpx file is loaded from the data through the locus map browser, the app stops
  •  

tannenzäpfle

Its too with Android 10 and 8
see
https:///index.php?topic=7662.msg66153#msg66153
  •  

Diddi

For me poi alert when reaching a target is not working at the moment.
  •  

Menion

Beta version 4.5.5.1

Major update on how map handles vector map themes. Sorry, most probably themes setup will reset to you! The app now handles all themes with relative paths. Also it now fully supports themes in the ZIP archive. So if possible, test it, please! If there won't be any problem, it will be preferred method how to distribute themes

@balloni55
weird your double-maps. I've added a small update in the function "get all maps", which should also here eliminate any duplicities, so you will see in the next version.

Presets & themes ... please test it with the new version (rather set theme in presets again), thanks.

@CabrioTourer
From where is your screenshot? If this is a text from the app, then there is a problem with translation.

@Andrew Heard
problem with re-set of custom directory > ah thanks, got it. There was a condition, that in case, the selection is already used (in your case "Custom selection"), click on it do nothing. Fixed.

@slarti76
what you propose is what I wrote about a few months ago > it is the alternative worst case. I may offer a special version out of Google Play, there will currently be a problem with updates, but yes, it is doable. We still do not have result of verification of the Locus Map Pro, so hard to say how this ends :)

@Diddi
Testing POI alert and seems to work correctly. Please double check you have enabled required notification.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Themes (in zip files) - RELATIVE TO WHERE? A zip file in the old mapsVector/_themes/ is unnoticed by Locus.

Also, now you seem to use the folder name. I use different xmls in the same theme folder, now they are shown with the same name in Locus UI. OS map ships with 2 different xmls eg. Ah elevate/elements as well.

Now as you change themes, can you free them from the terrible "_themes" folder, a level higher to /mapsVectorThemes/?

Themes into zip: good move
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Tapio

I'm not successful: didn't manage to make LM parse themes in zip. I don't know what Locus expects and where. In the zip, the xmls are on root level. Path: ///_Ext/Android/data/menion.android.locus/files/Locus/MapsVector/_themes/test.zip
Zip has been created by TotalCommander.
I use OAM mfv5 maps.

Longclick theme, validation not available any more.
  •  

Tapio

Chages at API? "locus.api.android.objects.LocusInfo.isRunning" NullPointer exception @ Falcos plugin. I reported to Falco.
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
Quoteweird your double-maps. I've added a small update in the function
confirm solved
QuotePresets & themes ... please test it with the new version (rather set theme in presets again),
solved :) themes have to be new set to each preset
Quote@CabrioTourer
From where is your screenshot? If this is a text from the app, then there is a problem with translation.
depending on this post i wrote a mail @michal last saturday, till now i got no answer from him, please forward

EDIT: additional to this translation problem see
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7662.msg66153#msg66153
The identical path is used twice although different placeholders are inserted.
Source string on Crowdin
Are you sure to move \'%1$s\' directory to \'%2$s\'?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@tapio
relative to the "mapsVector/_themes" directory of course. Btw. what is the problem with this directory? I do not see any...

May you share a zipped theme that does not work for you? I'll check it, thanks.

"nullpointer" in Falcos plugin is really more a problem in his plugin, so good you reported this to him.

@balloni55
how you achieve a situation when the same paths are visible on the dialog? There should be the previous and the new path, hmm ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •