How to change the color of the coordinate grid?

Started by ColdAutumn, November 30, 2021, 19:38:51

ColdAutumn

Hi,
I just installed Locus Map 4.4.3
It looks good, I think I need some time to understand it.
Then I saw that it already supports coordinate grid, but the default color is black and opaque.
Including the position and direction of the coordinate value display feels uncomfortable.

Can these be set separately?

Many thanks.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
this feature currently does not have any extra settings that may affect its appearance.

I may anyway modify it globally if it will make sense and will be "better" for most of the users compare to the current state. Any suggestions?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

ColdAutumn

1, The color of the grid line can be modified.
The current default black affects the overall effect, the grid should be just embellished.
So actually I have disabled it.
2, Grid Line should support transparency, although it is very fine, but Locus is excellent, so you need to consider this.
3, Grid density should also be defined. For example, a mobile phone screen should display how many coordinate grids.
4, The font of the coordinate value can be defined and support transparency.  Sorry for this, just suggestions, I know this requires a lot of workload.
5, The coordinate system can choose, WGS84 or other.
I think this may be enough.
Thanks for your great work.

So many suggestions, any discounts?Aha... ;D ;)
  •  

Menion

Hehe, you did not help a lot to be true. Modifying everything is not useful at all.

I'm trying to find better default values at first. If there does not exist any globally usable value, then comes extra settings. Because you are the first who complain about the current style of the gird, there is no need for an extra setting for now. Thanks for understanding.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

ColdAutumn

Aha, thank you for your response.
I can understand your decision, and in fact, my own demand is not particularly strong, but I think it will be more professional if display coordinate grid.

However, Locus 3 does not support display coordinate grids at all, and Locus 4 starts support and placed in a most pronounced location.

Since it is placed in the most pronounced location, then this function should be very excellent instead of simple.

So, can its location be redefined?  Even our own definition / set ?

This may be my second complaint for Locus 4.
The first complaint is that Locus 4 is too expensive, but Locus 3 is too cheap. When I just knew Locus, I even surprised how Locus makes profitable. I remember that I seem to have said this surprised to you.
Now finally price goes up.  ;D

Locus is excellence, thanks for your work!
  •