3 things i didn't manage to do

Started by Zdeubeu, June 30, 2011, 17:08:35

Zdeubeu

Hi friends

I've downloaded Locus Pro and, after some promising tests, here are 3 things i didn't manage to do:

- Directly import a GPX file from the Gmail app. If i click on "preview" on the attached Pocket Query ZIP file, Locus appears and prompts for import, but the result is "error in content.gpx". I have to use Gmail on the (mobile) web, download the zipped PQ, then import it, and it works.

- When importing such a Pocket Query, the waypoints do not appear as waypoints but as notes in the description. Their are not clickable, you can't just set them as destination etc..

- I've tried to write a field note, that was OK. Then i deleted it, and it was OK. But when returning to the "points" list, the icon of the cache still was a "found" icon even when the "found" field note was deleted.

Ideas, comments ?
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  1) hmm .. as I noticed every email client work in a little different way. So I suggest to download to card and then import from Locus
  2) waypoint should be attached at cache - when you're on cache screen, press second button on bottom panel. Are they there?
  3) .. I know :) when you found it for once ... it's founded ... isn't it? :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Zdeubeu

Hello, and thanks for answering

1 - I agree on the fact that every email client is different. But the Gmail app on Android phone being one of the most used client (if not THE most used) i thought that it would work OK.

2 - Fine, thanks !

3 - The problem is when you make a mistake and log it as found. You delete the field note and expect the app to reflect the "not found" status, what it doens't.

Thanks !
  •  

wvb

For 3 it is perhaps better that we can change the status even after logging?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  •  

Ted Quinlan

Yeah, I'd appreciate that too. It's always possible to make a mistake und so you should be able to "undo" it ... I've also one cache here with a smilie because of that :) For me it'd be sufficient to be able to manually change the icon back, but when i tap on it, it doesn't give me the GC-Icons but only the standard ones ...

btw, concerning the pre-fill format for the field notes: how can you insert the date? {DD.MM.YY} doesn't seem to work ...

And I've got the same behaviour with the gmail app here, it' doesn't work. Not a big problem, i use the "normal" email app, download the zip and import it manually- works fine. The other way would be more elegant though ...
  •  

Menion

ok,
  so now icon is set by last changed field note. So when you set wrong FN, you may change it and icon will change also. Try in next version

pre-fill format changed now. You'll see change in settings of Locus, anyway now I use SimpleDateFormat object. Description and mainly samples of time format are here at bottom of page http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2 ... ormat.html

on email I'll look later. I changed this one time before, but it caused a lot of troubles on some phones with different clients, so I changed it back
  •  

Ted Quinlan

Thanks for the fast reaction... That's what i call Good Support...
  •  

Ted Quinlan

Ok,  I just tried the new version, thanks for the date implementation. FN changing works as well. The only "problem" is that if a FN is deleted, the icon doesn't change back to its original state. This function would make this feature almost perfect, I think...

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk
  •  

Zdeubeu

Here, i saw no change after writing a "found" field note on a cache. The cache's icon remains "unfound"...
  •  

Menion

•