No valid data with one of two Garmin Sensors

Started by KonaLibre, November 10, 2021, 12:44:03

KonaLibre

Hey there,

first, i really like the new Locus 4 Pro, want to use it instead of a dedicated GPS device.
The potential i see is pretty big and thats why i paid for gold. ;-)

Now to my problem:
I used V4.3.x with Garmin Speed and Cadencesensor connected by BT-LE.
Since i updated to V4.4.0 (or 4.4.3) the Cadencesensor connects but gives "no valid data" message. Not even the batterystatus is displayed. The Speedsensor works as it should do.
I tried everything, delete cache and data of Locus App and Bluetooth system app, reinstalled both versions (4.4.3 plus 4.4.0). Killed all other bluetooth using apps on phone...

I tried to use ANT+ but it doesn#t work, maybe because of the Android i use (LineageOS with microG).
I installed Locus Pro to my main Phone (Galaxy S21) and tested the cad-sensor - no problem, worked as it should.

Any Idea what i can do next?
Cheers,
Alex
  •  

Menion

Hello KonaLibre,
thanks for writing to us. It is currently more than a month since the last update. Meanwhile, I did some modifications to the sensors manager that may help with this issue. So if this is not a critical problem, wait please maybe another 14 days till the next version will be published, thanks.

Or you may try the latest Beta version (link in my signature). Just a small warning, this version needs to move app data to the private internal directory and this feature is not yet 100% finished.

Just a question: simple remove of the sensor from the "Sensors manager" list and re-adding it back does not solve this issue?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

KonaLibre

Hello Menion,

thanks for your Answer. Well, meanwhile i tried the beta version - nothing changed. After that reflashed the whole OS and connecting the sensor works now. Think i tried to pair the devices with the onboard bluetooth app, maybe that blocked access for Locus. As i wrote i tried to reset all data and stuff, maybe not everything.
So, think you could close this thread as (partly) solved.

I just got one question left: Can Locus auto-connect sensors? When start tracking i have to click on connect for every device. Same when i stop a track recording.
Even when sensors lost connection in tracking mode they don't reconnect!?

And, btw, for all ANT+ Users: There is no ANT+ in Android 11 and 12 anymore! I had to downgrade to Stock Samsung Rom with Android 10 (Q). Sad Story! :(
  •