Can't select theme

Started by papab, October 19, 2021, 01:45:26

papab

New install of 4.4.1 on a Hammerhead Karoo 2.   I've downloaded maps & themes from openandromaps.  The maps work fine, but I can't select the theme?  I installed them in Locus/mapsVector/_themes
If I select Map-screen content I can select a map, but it doesn't show the themes.  I'm using 3.54 on my phone and Map-screen content shows 'Map themes'
  •  

Menion

"Themes" button should be available in the map content screen right next to the currently selected map.
Do you see this button?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

papab

Yes, I see it now.  On this device the screen is narrow so I have to swipe left a little to see it, but it won't stay visible.   I can swipe left a little, but when I let go it goes back so I can't see it.  If I swipe further, that screen goes away.   
  •  

Menion

Do you have this side panel wider than the whole screen width??
What device are you using? This should never happen!
  •  

papab

Yes, its wider than the screen.  It's a Hammerhead Karoo2 cycle computer.  It's smaller than a smart phone.  There doesn't appear to be a way to switch it to landscape mode, or that might be a workaround.
  •  

Menion

Hmm, this is a problem. Locus Map is currently optimized for the minimal 1280x720 resolution. All lower resolutions may cause some problems as you noticed.

I'm trying it at least on the 800x480 emulator and the width of the panel is exactly the same as the width of the screen, so no problem. Seems that your device has also a small DPI so it is quite a deadly combination, sorry ...
  •  

Menion

Ah one tip!! You should be able to add the "Map themes" button to the bottom/side function panel, this should help here!
  •  

JohnPf

Also a Hammerhead karoo2 user. I too use the openandromaps above the maps on the karoo itself. I changed the map rendering xml and use the elevate theme a little adjusted in combination with the ele-res map for patterns and symbols.
Only wish i now have is that in the xml theme cycling and mtb would be combined. Like to see routes earlier so on an other zoom factor.  Anyone adapted the elevate XML already????
  •  

freischneider

Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •