[APP] - version 4.4.+ ( 23. 9. 2021+ )

Started by Menion, September 23, 2021, 10:13:25

balloni55

Quotebut this will probably never happen right? a) use cases for these apps are different and b) also with this change, I do not expect, many people will use Locus Map Pro and Locus Map 4 at once. Why anyone wants to do it when no data (points, tracks, ...) will be shared now.
e.g. all Locus betatesters to be sure that you always have a working Locus with you !
Like this morning, although the pictures of the geocaches are in the private folder, they are neither displayed offline nor online.

QuoteIs it really a problem? SD cards are huge, same with internal memory of devices
yes for sure ???
at the moment I only have 2 GB free on the inner SD, where my maps are stored on the ext SD for the moment.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

LocusUser#1

Quote from: Menion on November 08, 2021, 09:47:38
@LocusUser#1
XML files only? Interesting. I have many custom themes and custom online maps and during testing, I never lost a single item. May you please double-check that these files are missing?

Yes only the xml files were not moved but disappeared. Yes I am sure, I had to copy the files again to the tablet.
  •  

jonny.blue

I do not expect, many people will use Locus Map Pro and Locus Map 4 at once.

Unfortunately I can't use LM4 in direct sun light and so I'm forced to use parallel LM Pro ... 😰
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on November 07, 2021, 21:06:59Offline places ... this is small addition added on the push from @Michal
Problem is, you go into the offline places to add some POI from specific categories. Now the first step always is to go back from the overall search. I would remove the initial overall search when approaching the dialog from the toolbar.

Weird behaviour shaping points was more a question to the other users, I cannot force the behaviour reliably myself...

Quote from: Menion on November 07, 2021, 21:06:59
@tapio
what about settings "Points &tracks > Overwrite exported data"? It should solve the problem with overwriting of exported files ...
Yes. Menion, I explained the danger. User will be OK at first look with "overwrite data" because he thinks it just overwrites old with new versions. But user cannot see that Locus overwrites files created in the same export run - and so he gets less export files than tracks. Say 1000 same named tracks, 1000 different named. Will give you 1001 gpx files. In such a scenario data can silently get lost without noticing.

Quote from: Andrew Heard on November 07, 2021, 22:43:48@tapio - shaping points correctly restored for me (although just recent route, not days before)
is the problem also there for recent route?
Very rarely. Problem is, this issue happens since many versions, but rarely and I can not find a hint why. I have reported it once but it does not seem to be a common problem. What's special about those tracks etc., not yet seeing a reason.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Menion

Thanks for the feedback guys. Just for your info, we have a personal meeting in Prague + some other important tasks, so excuse my later response (not sure if I'll have time to fix/answer everything by end of this week). Thanks for understanding  :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

luce

With me, losing of shaping points happens in 75% of the cases in which I mix a routing profile with manual lines. Thats why I avoid using manual lines whenever possible. I also can't find a rule behind it, but it doesn't seem to have to do something with time. Often, I save a new route, then try to open it again because I want to change something, and all shaping points are gone.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

CabrioTourer

@tapio
Lost shaping points is a random but more or less regular problem for me.
This year I always close Locus after route planning (and save track). At least this year no lost points.
Don't know if this was just luck.
  •  

Tapio

Can totally find no rule behind it. Not related to straight lines here mostly. Looked through my "Planned" folder, there's 80 tracks, seems like maybe 1/3 lost their shaping points, leaving just 3 shaping points AFAICS.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: tapio on November 10, 2021, 10:00:45
Can totally find no rule behind it. Not related to straight lines here mostly. Looked through my "Planned" folder, there's 80 tracks, seems like maybe 1/3 lost their shaping points, leaving just 3 shaping points AFAICS.
Same here. I also experience lost shaping points sometimes, but fail to see a pattern...
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: slarti76 on November 10, 2021, 17:25:12
but fail to see a pattern...
The pattern (at least) is 4 very experienced users now report the same issue. That's a good start.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Andrew Heard

@tapio will understand why I make this trivial post ;-)

Attached are examples of a "point visibility count" bug. It is likely a very rare instance, and I can't reproduce it, but thought I'd share it anyway for some fun. I think it is likely some incorrectly cached database count of visible points. In original case, count=1 but actual visible=0; in another case count=0 but actual visible=4. When I tapped on "show all" then "show none" the count was finally fixed.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

The point visibility bug is the ONLY bug as far as I'm concerned; it happens all the time to me.  I don't have a complete recipe to duplicate it, but might be close.  From memory:
1) Always keep Favorites folder showing all points, always, on both devices.  If I see 0 or a small number, grumble and turn them back to all visible.
2) On phone, move a point from Favorites to another folder.  Sometimes, I also Hide the point after moving.
3) Time passes.  Sync happens.
4) Favorites on tablet show 0 or small number visible.  (!!!)
  •  

balloni55

extSD is not available for point/track export
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Viajero Perdido on November 18, 2021, 18:45:44
The point visibility bug is the ONLY bug as far as I'm concerned
@Viajero Perdido - yes I didn't mention Cloud Sync, but I feel is directly related, somehow. Hide all/ Show all is an easy workaround for me now.
  •