[APP] - version 4.4.+ ( 23. 9. 2021+ )

Started by Menion, September 23, 2021, 10:13:25

sbouju

Quote from: Menion on November 04, 2021, 21:26:01
@sbouju
As I see on the screenshots, there is no space for five buttons on your 6T device.

And yet, the 6T has a definition of 1080x2340 pixels, against 1080x1920 (less!) for the 3T which accepts the five buttons...
  •  

Tapio

Maybe the export option "Overwrite files" is usually not turned on. Of course there is workarounds, one gpx would work, but the problem is a nasty one, people may not realize the loss of data.

Locus says "Exported 1600 tracks" and user may not notice there is just 1300 files. People may rely on re-import (personally I've done that often) and then have silently lost tracks.

The track name is just not unique. I think Locus should populate a list of export file names beforehand. Then resolve collisions before writing files. Add indexes maybe on collisions. It's really bad that it overwrites files which it has created in the same export run. I'm sorry, I always put stuff on your monstrous pile of work. 😁

User id 1aacaff2a2, I will try to find the cause of import crash, maybe find limits... EDIT: Not yet found a cause. Happens pretty much at ~1004 import files.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Menion

New version MapGooglePlay_4.4.3.20_1044_beta.apk ready for test.

News probably does not appear during the start so check them in the "About app" screen!

Major: (close to) final V1 version of the new file system for A11+ devices. Transfer of root directory should be now 100% reliable no matter if it's terminated in the middle or any problem happens.

Custom directory anywhere on the device is now supported only for the "backup". Other options need a lot more test and we may discuss it later.

@tapio
you are right that export may be done better. I'll look at it, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

michaelbechtold

Menion, what will happen if people on Android do not update Locus? Will the existing folder access continue to work?

The restrictions you mention are simply not acceptable.
  •  

Tapio

2-Finger measurement:

Took me a moment until I noticed, the magnifiers only temporarily disappear, as long as fingers do not move.

But I found, with subsequent finger adjustments, magnifiers disappear faster? Too often they hide. IDK, it's quite finicky.
  •  

Tapio

Offline Places in the search menu:

While it is good that it is in the search menu, it is not good that it directly comes up with a search field instantly. I can feel it's easy and intuitive if there is only one poi db. But it uses the last used one initially. Which can be any poidb from all over the world. Maybe you can make Locus pick a poidb depending on map center.

At least the Lopoints(offline) command from the toolbar should not start with the "All points" search field.
  •  

Tapio

It still happens. I start Route Planner on a track that I have created with Locus Route Planner days before... and for some unknown reason, shaping points are (mostly) gone. Anyone ever seen this?
  •  

Menion

@tapio
what about settings "Points &tracks > Overwrite exported data"? It should solve the problem with overwriting of exported files ...

Magnifier hiding ... hmm, will have to play with it a little more, thanks.

Offline places ... this is small addition added on the push from @Michal. Anyway as I play with it, it seems to me quite useful. In most cases, you use the same country again and again and in the worst case, the back key returns you to this list of databases. Diss-advantage is that there is no clear indicator, which country file is currently active for search ... hmm  :o

Lost shaping points > sorry, but without a steps to simulate this weird behavior, I can't simply help :/

@michaelbechtold
functionality is based on the application, not any date, so the old version will work as now. Not sure what happens on Android 13. What is the biggest problem for you with new limitations?

•  

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion,
I conclude from earlier remarks that for LM4 and LMP and Locus GIS - all from your company - you would have to triple the amount of data. Maps, SRTM, everything.
And maps (both vector and raster) are currently shared between completely different apps.
In the future multiplying the amount of data???
Cheers
Michael
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: tapio on November 06, 2021, 14:25:53
It still happens. I start Route Planner on a track that I have created with Locus Route Planner days before... and for some unknown reason, shaping points are (mostly) gone. Anyone ever seen this?
@tapio - shaping points correctly restored for me (although just recent route, not days before)
is the problem also there for recent route?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

LocusUser#1

[Latest Beta]

I installed the last beta for testing on my tablet with A11, now after starting the APP the files are moved to an internal directory, the XML files have disappeared! I noticed it in the folders mapsVector\_themes and mapsOnline\custom.
I had to install TotalCommander to even access the new Locus directory, what a bummer from Google. I'll stay with older Locus versions for now and wait and see how things develop.
  •  

michaelbechtold

All geo App developers should unite and kickk Google's ass.
Now all of them - and their customers and users are suffering separately.

Unacceptable.

If I understand correct, after the Kit Kat misery, a similar bullying behavior by A12 is expected ?
Will this mean that even vector maps can't be shared between apps ? False ? Please Clarify.
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5
  •  

Menion

@michaelbechtold
triple data for LM Pro, LM4 and Locus GIS is correct, but this will probably never happen right? a) use cases for these apps are different and b) also with this change, I do not expect, many people will use Locus Map Pro and Locus Map 4 at once. Why anyone wants to do it when no data (points, tracks, ...) will be shared now.

@LocusUser#1
XML files only? Interesting. I have many custom themes and custom online maps and during testing, I never lost a single item. May you please double-check that these files are missing?

@0709
correct. The same limitation applied since Android 5.0 on the SD card is now applied also on the internal memory. It was expected and my surprise is that it took so long.

And yes, sharing of the maps as you use now, so direct sharing of a single directory, won't simply be possible now. There will be some exceptions, but do not expect much from it. Is it really a problem? SD cards are huge, same with internal memory of devices ...
  •  

michaelbechtold

But there is sharing with other apps, too!
Until now ...
  •