[APP] - version 4.4.+ ( 23. 9. 2021+ )

Started by Menion, September 23, 2021, 10:13:25

balloni55

V 4.4.3.5
when i turn off the rotation button a grey dot is normally displayed, but when the device is pointing north at that moment the red dot is further displayed
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

freischneider

The rotary knob was much better in the beta of 10/9/2021.
Rotary knob always displayed. Normally I don't want to fade in so much. But the operation is much more logical.
Click on the button: turn off
Click on the button: turn it on
Click on the button: turn off ... etc.
Now you have to press the centering button again to switch on turning. But it also happens that centering is switched off or switched on.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: freischneider on October 12, 2021, 20:29:11Rotary knob always displayed.
You maybe just want to turn off "Dual centering button" option again to achieve this.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

luce

Quote from: freischneider on October 12, 2021, 14:52:15
Suggestion: point away. the compass needle red, green, gray.
I would prefer the compass needle in the centering button. But where to turn it on and off?

Or maybe not red/green/gray for the north part of the needle, because a red compass arrow is always associated with "north". Maybe instead change the colour of the south part of the needle. The three different colours don't have to be so strong that they leap to the eye – it could also be white, light grey and maybe a greenish gray, or something like that.

I also think markers are something that draw attention to something that happens less frequent like e.g. a map update – the information about the current compass mode should be more unobtrusive.

luce

... I ask myself – is it really necessary to indicate the compass mode with different colours?

– When the map is turning, auto rotation is obviously turned on.
– When the map is not turning, a glance at the compass needle reveals the actual orientation. (If north is not up, I just tap the rotation button once to reset orientation.)

So for me, no additional indication needed.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Hi Menion, I don't want to talk to unfinished graphics, but the difference in the symbol location doesn't look very well. See SCR. Couldn't you use a color circle around the button instead of the dots? See CIRCLE1-2.

Tapio

Quote from: luce on October 13, 2021, 08:29:48.. I ask myself – is it really necessary
I was wondering 100% the same. And until I don't know any good reason my answer was No. 😛
  •  

Tapio

My idea is:

a) No indicator if auto rotate is on or off is needed. It feels as useful as displaying "the screen is on".

b1) If dual button is OFF: show the compass needle button all the time. Make it default, it's good for newbies.

b2) If dual button is ON: On auto rotate state, do not show an extra button, but let a direction arrow float around the big button. Or put a needle inside the button and have it rotate. As Freischneider suggested.
Let's see it as a "pro mode". And the pros should know "top is north", so no need for a north marker if not auto rotating.
  •  

Menion

So many ideas because of three tiny colored dots  :)

@tapio
the issue with a refresh of the track: thanks TODO

With a dual centering button, rotate icon should really be visible, it is intent. With this solution, you may simply disable rotation without affecting centration.

If "dual-mode" needs an extra rotation button was discussed a half year ago a lot and yes, it needs  :).
Good sample: center, start rotating, move with the map - now disable rotation in case you do not have this "rotate" button.

@balloni55
ah, dot attached to centering button in case, rotation is disabled and dual-centering button is enabled, is a bug, thanks

@luce
ah, the clickable area behind ... not so simple task => is this really needed? I'm more thinking about and option to put these buttons into function panels - but this also is not so simple task  :-\

Rotation mode
I also think that icons should not be so obtrusive. Some small "A", "M", symbols should be enough. I'm waiting on our graphic.

But, the indicator is needed from my point of view. If the map rotates by the GPS, it may not be clear that rotation is enabled. Also if you start rotation of the map manually, it may not be clear that the map won't rotate by sensor anymore.

@Žajdlík Josef
thanks, as I wrote to @balloni55, the dot attached directly to the big centering button is a bug, thanks!

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Thx, still not sure about the indicator.

One or two betas ago, with auto rotation on: after dragging map, it also did rotate off-center positions, now it does not - intended?
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: tapio on October 13, 2021, 07:15:14
Quote from: freischneider on October 12, 2021, 20:29:11Rotary knob always displayed.
You maybe just want to turn off "Dual centering button" option again to achieve this.
Thank you, I didn't know this setting
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

T-mo

4.4.3.7_1044_beta
I like the new button/rotation setup :D. I understood that the right graphics are in creation, the current dots are only temporary..surely, dots wouldn't be useful at all.

Using RouePlanner and showing itinerary I am not always able to swipe the list away downside and thought better not use the top-left exit-arrow, as it would possibly END Route planner. Yes, it does not and behaves like swiping down and brought me back, hides the itinerary.
Is this also irritating to others?
  •  

T-mo

Honestly I rarely use rotation..not sure though if with moved map rotation-button switchs itself off after 1x press to align north..I suppose most use-cases would be to check region ahead, view-direction, a bit left and right, maybe temporary change orientation to north,then back..so still on but view orientation changes
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on October 13, 2021, 11:06:01
I'm more thinking about and option to put these buttons into function panels - but this also is not so simple task  :-\
yes please - vote for https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/25808-add-zoom-buttons-to-list-of-function-panel-buttons
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: T-mo on October 13, 2021, 21:01:30
Using RouePlanner and showing itinerary I am not always able to swipe the list away downside and thought better not use the top-left exit-arrow, as it would possibly END Route planner. Yes, it does not and behaves like swiping down and brought me back, hides the itinerary.
Is this also irritating to others?
@T-mo - sorry, but can you explain further, or annotate a screen cap?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •