[APP] - version 4.4.+ ( 23. 9. 2021+ )

Started by Menion, September 23, 2021, 10:13:25

freischneider

The problem with the full screen and empty fields (map content panel, recording, menu) has disappeared. With the new beta, everything is ok with the old Samsung S8.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

@schugur
Still not working ... really weird. My sensor is already in order and hopefully, next week will be delivered. I'm just worried it will work without any serious problem because I have already reported positive results from many sensors.

If it is an easy task for you, you may give a try to latest Beta and create a log by the app for me. There were a lot of changes since the last third log you made. Or just wait till my sensor will be finally tested and I'll let you know. Thanks for the patience.

@tapio
separate control of visibility for the rotation button > too early for this request. Firstly, I need to validate that this option makes sense :). Anyway even after it prove useful, I do not think that it is necessary.

@freischneider
I'll think about separate icons to distinquish three possible states > disabled, manual rotation, automatic rotation. Thanks
Free positioning of buttons ... heh, funny :)

@starka
no, it is not possible.

@balloni55, @tapio
crash at the start ... hmm, thanks to automatic logs it looks like a problem in incorrectly wrote animated rotation system. I tried to fix it in new generated 4.4.3.3 version so give it a try, thanks.

@freischneider
There was still a problem? Hmm, I was trying to solve some weird issues with not hiding the bottom navigation panel on some devices. But my attempt was not a success and I just changed the order of few system methods used in the full-screen system. Interesting it helped you ... this full-screen system is really weird now  :-\. Anyway thanks for the info.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

luce

The new separated center button is great, and so is the smooth animation! :)
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Tapio

Quote from: luce on October 10, 2021, 11:20:09
Agreed, but: Do you like its position? I'm kind of uncomfortable with it, because it reaches into the top part. I'd prefer the compass button to be top left... maybe.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: balloni55

freischneider

Quote from: tapio on October 10, 2021, 16:56:08
Agreed, but: Do you like its position? I'm kind of uncomfortable with it, because it reaches into the top part. I'd prefer the compass button to be top left... maybe.
The top right is too far away. Those who switch on and off more often should have it downstairs. That only makes sense if you don't change anything. But it could be to the right of the center button. I think it's pretty good downstairs. Although that's probably just a matter of habit.
There we are again at the free place. So everyone can push it where they want it.
  •  

freischneider

@ Menion: map the 3 states of rotation.
automatic rotation: like now.
Oriented to the north with a red crossbar
manual turning: red circle.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: freischneider on October 10, 2021, 21:57:35
Quote from: tapio on October 10, 2021, 16:56:08
The top right is too far away. Those who switch on and off more often should have it downstairs. That only makes sense if you don't change anything. But it could be to the right of the center button. I think it's pretty good downstairs. Although that's probably just a matter of habit.
There we are again at the free place. So everyone can push it where they want it.
+1 down

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

luce

I'm okay with the actual position of the compass button. For me, it is actually a button, not only a display of the orientation, that's why a position at the bottom of the map screen definitely makes sense.

But, another issue, i noticed a strange behaviour of the map orientation when tapping the compass button while moving, e.g. in a train...
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AredTfs4J1f5o24CtkknPukT2y0i
  •  

luce

And sorry if I warm up another old topic: The bottom and side bars are quite big using unnecessarily much map space while the zoom buttons that are used much more often are so small it happens repeatedly that I accidentally tap beside them.

I perfectly understand that bigger zoom buttons wouldn't look good, but is it maybe possible to make the surrounding transparent area touchable – to make the buttons in fact bigger without changing the look?

Menion

I'm just trying to solve few remaining issues with the sensors so on Google Drive is a new Beta version.

It also contains preparation for the icon badge for the rotation button. Currently, it is only a colored dot (grey - disabled, red - automatic, green - manual). Final icons are in preparation.

I Hope, this version also fixes the issue with rotation reported by @luce. Btw. there already is a transparent area around the zoom buttons that should prevent accidental taps on the map below. Seems you need an even bigger area  :).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: luce on October 12, 2021, 10:45:09
And sorry if I warm up another old topic: The bottom and side bars are quite big ...

It would also be possible to adjust the side buttons to be narrower and the transparent space expanding space? There are really enough space on small screens.
  •  

Tapio

Bug? I add an embedded waypoint to an existing track - the waypoints icon is not shown.
Beta from yesterday.

https://youtu.be/XNJNB1bj3qQ

EDIT: Ah, I remember, it is an old refresh issue, so not a big thing... I reported some time ago. After restart Locus or maybe only hide/show of track the icon is shown.
  •  

Tapio

With "Dual centering button" on, it still shows both buttons when rotation is on, is that intended? You could turn the compass needle off, but rotate that small new icon around the big button.
Also, that extra marker on the compass button, is it useful there? 3 buttons/markers seem overload for me.
  •  

freischneider

Suggestion: point away. the compass needle red, green, gray.
I would prefer the compass needle in the centering button. But where to turn it on and off?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

luce

@Menion – what I meant was not to make the transparent area around the zoom buttons bigger, but make it functional, so that if you tap a little bit besides the + or the – button, the app still "understands" this as a tap on the + or – button.
  •