[APP] - version 4.4.+ ( 23. 9. 2021+ )

Started by Menion, September 23, 2021, 10:13:25

Christian

Quote from: Joska on September 28, 2021, 16:23:42
@Christian

Kann es sein, dass du diese Einstellung gewählt hast? Kartenmitte verschieben.

Is it possible, you've choosen this config? move map-center
LG, Joska
No, its a LM 4 Free Version. In Free version there is no config like 'move map center'.
Thank you for mitdenking.  ;D
  •  

Tapio

A remark on the distance markers: can't you prevent the "+" markers to be part of the point simplification? They are already simple and it would be better for track oberview, if they don't mix up with simplified waypoints.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

@ADiet
ANT+ does not work, hmm. Did you tried ANT+ tester app from Google Play to verify ANT+ functionality?

@tapio
good point, thanks. I'll look at it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

Menion, why don't you feel the itch to put some analysis functions into Locus? The stuff which is in good old gpstrackanalyse.net? Like: Find and mark (on tracks) vmax, hmax, hmin, pause>n minutes... I mean you could sell a plugin and get rich instantly 😁
Or an algorithmic thing like "align track to paths/roads".
Or minimize # of trackpoints...
This kind of stuff. Because on Android, Locus is the best solution to edit/manage other peoples tracks.

As for Pause (no movement) detection. I know algorithmic it is not as simple as it seems, but Locus must already have it coded because it is able to stop adding trackpoints while not moving.

So I guess an option to add Waypoints like "Pause @ {t}: mm:ss" shouldn't be too far away.

slarti76

•  

Tapio

Distance markers are improved now, thanks, best Locus we've ever had.

Maybe the Distance Markers are a bit conservative at times. A bit. In my screenshot I use no magnification. Locus could display the uneven markers, the 9km marker here.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: tapio on September 30, 2021, 09:43:03
As for Pause (no movement) detection.
@tapio I'm hoping internal accelerometer will be used some time in the future for "no movement detection". Far more reliable than current GPS location method. Plenty of apps already use this for an "alarm". As far as I can tell, some Garmin GPS have used this method for a long time. Fellow riders with Garmin GPS beep nearly instantly they stop, whereas the Locus track can show constantly moving position +/-7m.

So I guess an option to add Waypoints like "Pause @ {t}: mm:ss" shouldn't be too far away.
+1 nice idea - add a Help suggestion for voting?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Andrew Heard on October 01, 2021, 01:05:39
As for Pause (no movement) detection.
@tapio I'm hoping internal accelerometer will be used some time in the future for "no movement detection". Far more reliable than current GPS location method. Plenty of apps already use this for an "alarm". As far as I can tell, some Garmin GPS have used this method for a long time. Fellow riders with Garmin GPS beep nearly instantly they stop, whereas the Locus track can show constantly moving position +/-7m.
Yes, current "pause detection" is very unreliable depending on GPS quality and settings. Accelerometer would save us from a lot of "track wildly jumping around the same position" when making a pause...

+1 nice idea - add a Help suggestion for voting?
+1
  •  

Tapio

I'm fully aware of the difficulties regarding GPS and non-movement detection. I still have that itch to code it in Tasker (which then can pass over WPs to Locus). Here's a good algorithm discussion: https://www.cbs.nl/-/media/_pdf/2020/01/stop-and-go-detection-in-gps-position-data.pdf

What I already have is detecting pauses by using the shake sensors. It's nightmare tasks... Works pretty reliable in hiking though. Obviously wouldn't work well on bike or in car. The only problem is, a pause is detected after it happened, so WPs are a bit off. With the intent it is not possible to add a WP to a user def. position in Locus.

Hmmm, Accelerometer, this is what I use in Tasker. It IMO only helps in use cases where the device is "shaken". Not if it is evenly moving on, e. g. when lying on a car seat.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Sounds to me like Tasker would be consuming quite a lot of battery to process these simple situations of moving/ stopped.

shake sensor = Accelerometer = compass - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerometer

Quote from: tapio on October 01, 2021, 08:21:18
Obviously wouldn't work well on bike or in car
@tapio - no reason why not if properly coded
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on October 01, 2021, 09:54:48
Sounds to me like Tasker would be consuming quite a lot of battery to process these simple situations of moving/ stopped.
Were my thoughts as well. But: No, negligible. The trigger (here: Event - Shake - Left/Right) doesn't consume much, the triggered code is lightweight. My device consumes 40-50% Battery on my 5-6h hiking trips and that didn't noticably change.
  •  

Tapio

You just made me look at Tasker again. There's not just the shake sensor (which only detects shakes, ie left/right, up/down etc.) but "Any sensor", which allows proper accelerator access. Looks like I'll rework it again...
  •  

Menion

@tapio
hehe, I'm wanting basic analytics features for ages, at least some core stats "activity from date - to date" etc. Well, time is not my friend last year  :'(

What is the zoom level of the currently visible map in your #20? It looks to me like some 15/200%. For zoom 15, the interval is 2km, for 16+ it is 1km.

@Andrew Heard
internal accelerometer (better "Google Activity recognition) or connected speed sensor. I already have this partially coded, just need some fine-tunning.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

It was 14. 2km happens until ZL14 and 113% pinched zoom. Imo it could already use 1km at ZL14/80% but that's probably debatable.

Tasker and the sensors:
https://youtu.be/766S-KRnaiE
A lot that users can use here. It's all about processing and reasonable evaluation of the numerous numbers which are spit out by the sensors.
  •  

Axel D

I had tested the ANT+ with the installed tester, but in Locus appears a message, that it is not working in my smartphone.

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •