- list of news of public versions
- Blog post (in preparation...)
- Public versions
- Beta versions

Versions
23. 9. 2021 - Locus 4.4.0
28. 9. 2021 - Locus 4.4.1
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

balloni55

hello menion
if all templates are deleted and also the leading blank space
the description is displayed, which does not disappear when the templates are set again.
After reopening this window, the problem is solved.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

T-mo

• after entering {t} manually yesterday and being astonished to not able to select predefined values, also Michael told about it,I recognised today that there's an Add-Button. A bit off-positioned for my taste, but maybe I'm not aligned :D
  • I once created some profiles for certain activities. Any chance to set or change the activity without creating a new profile? keep in mind: I tend to overlook buttons ;D
  •  

Andrew Heard

@Žajdlík - I was unable to reply to your last post from 4.3 topic. I agree your "{t} <from> <to>" looks fine, but I just feel a more generic {t} as a default setting is more universal. I have 2 friends I've recently introduced to Locus, and even though pretty tech savvy, they still find LM4 a little overwhelming to get started, and find hidden features I am using. I don't see any easy way around this except for some very advanced AI that can make expert recommendations - maybe LM7 in 10 years time?

I would suggest a new name template {T} = YYYYMMDD-HHMM. This would mean multiple recorded tracks on same day have a unique name, and can be properly sorted alphanumerically - {t} = YYYYMMDD.

@menion - recording profile > track name format: {t} is described, but how does any user discover the other pre-defined tags? Maybe a (?) button at right side of "pre-fill format" textbox brings up list of tags?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Andrew, my reaction was on long record names. I just wanted to show it's not so bad. The "Add" button was added in the last version. See SCR. Entering is easier.

lor74cas

Hello
Is there anyone else who would like a search button in the planner?
Maybe with the results sorted by geographic proximity to the center of the screen / cursor
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

slarti76

I just tried out the new "naming preset" for recordings. The preview obviously uses my current location, which renders to "Zurich (Zürich)". As I'm not going somewhere else in the next few days: What is in the parentheses? If it's the (Swiss) canton/state/subdivision: Please remove that, there's rarely a need and it makes the name very long. If it's English + Local language: Either decide on one or offer additional variants. I don't think it's needed in more than a few cases where both differ very much.
  •  

Christian

In LM4 Free the cursor is on 75% of the display height and not on 50%. Why?!?

@menion: thanx for the distance markers.  8)
  •  

Axel D

Hi,
thank you for the new features. The sensor manager is something new, but now my cadence sensor Cycplus C2 7648 is not working any more. How should I adjust this in the sensor manager? It works with BT.

Axel

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

karlchick

I like the new diatance markers, but when I tried them I got a markers at roughly double the diatance of the previous marker. I'm using imperial units, if I switch to metric units it works as expected. See attached metric vs imperial distance markers.

Ps: would be good to have imperial markers every mile rather than conversions of 1 km to miles...
User id: 62b600722
Author of the OS Map Theme:
DiscussDownload
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
thanks. I see the problem in the editing of the track names on my own device as well. Consider as fixed ...

@T-mo
option to define the type of activity for already created recording profiles is not possible. You have to create a new recording profile. Some really old profiles (maybe 5+ years) do not have set an activity. Maybe because of this, some of you did not get proper value in the track name. You are using Locus Map just too long :)

@lor74cas
Search system needs a big update > big plan on the Q1/Q2 of 2022. And in the route planner? You may partially use search over menu > Add point, or the long click on the "+" button.

@slarti76
I also get "Prague (Praha)" for my location. I'll look at it.

@Christian
75% of height? There should be a reason for this. This should happen if you use screen rotation & navigation. When rotation is disabled, it should be at 50% as expected.

@ADiet
What exactly means "is not working..."? It does not work over ANT+, but works over BT4?

@karlchick
ah, this is definitely a bug, thanks. I'll look at it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

Christian

Quote from: Menion on September 26, 2021, 13:49:13
@Christian
75% of height? There should be a reason for this. This should happen if you use screen rotation & navigation. When rotation is disabled, it should be at 50% as expected.
To avoid misunterstanding: 75% of height means 25% below the top of the display. There was no rotation nor navigation active.
We will try to repeat the mystic behaviour the next time in the field.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Menion on September 26, 2021, 13:49:13
@lor74cas
Search system needs a big update > big plan on the Q1/Q2 of 2022. And in the route planner? You may partially use search over menu > Add point, or the long click on the "+" button.
Thank you for the tip, it's what I need, I did not remember the second function of + button, I think that a different icon is needed to remember this
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Joska

@Christian

Kann es sein, dass du diese Einstellung gewählt hast? Kartenmitte verschieben.

Is it possible, you've choosen this config? move map-center
LG, Joska
---
  •  

Axel D

Today with the new version 4.4.1 the Bluetooth connection with the cadence sensor is now working. Yesterday with the version 4.4. it couldn't be connected.

The ANT+ connection is not possible at my smartphone. I don't know why. I have installed the apps of ANT+.

Sorry. Perhaps I have done a wrong setting.

Axel

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •