Route planer - how tobplan a round trip

Started by Davidos, September 04, 2021, 15:53:48

Davidos

Hi,

how can I create a round trip in the route planer? I want to select a point where the route starts and ends.

Sounds so easy but I do not find the option. :-(

Thanks for your support.

David
  •  

Tapio

Top right hamburger menu in the route planner of LM4. But better DIY. If you've got LM4, being in the route planner, I am curious how it's possible to not find it.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Davidos

Thanks for your answer. But I do not want a suggestion for a round trip. This is the only option that I've got in this menu that comes close to my request.

I want to plan each point individual. But by adding new waypoints the latest added waypoint is always also my endpoint. By doing this I have some disadvabtages that I'd like to avoid by planing directly a round trip
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Davidos on September 04, 2021, 15:53:48
how can I create a round trip in the route planer? I want to select a point where the route starts and ends.
@Davidos the round trip function only works with zero or one points. Zero points - assume current GPS location. One point - use as start/ end location. By definition the round-trip starts & ends at the same point. It only works with online GrafHopper service. You could modify the initial route to then suit your specific purpose of course.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

freischneider

Take the normal router. Set starting point. Set the farthest point. and now one more in between. and the end point. Maybe one more in between. With points you have a round trip. You can also change the order.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Davidos

@ Freischneider: that's how I'm doing at this moment. But the disadvantgas is: if I add after the already added end point a further point then this one will become my new end point. You can imagine that of you adf several additinal waypoints after the end point the manual works starts :-(

I hoped that there is a simplier solution.

One exampel from other routeplanners: by adding a new waypoint the waypoint is dded to the closest point of the already existimg route - and not always to the end. Maybe this can be an option in the future?
  •  

Tapio

I understand, but I doubt this would be added, Locus would have to decide if the new point should be added somewhere in the middle or if it's an endpoint.

You know? a) you can add intermediate points by tapping on the track, "..., Trackpoint"... then you can make it a new green/blue point.
b) you can drag/drop existing green/blue points.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •