Geocaches Not Displayed from GSAK Add On

Started by DougPeterson, September 01, 2021, 12:40:45

DougPeterson

I am just setting up a new phone. When I run the GSAK Add On within Locus Pro I can see the geocache count going up. But when it finishes, the screen remains with a dim background and a blank, white rectangle in the middle. No geocaches are displayed on the map.

My new phone is a OnePlus 7T (Android 11) with Locus Pro 3.54.3.
My old phone where it still works is a OnePlus One (Android 6) with Locus Pro 3.45.1.
In both cases the GSAK Database for Locus is 2.2.3.

Given the amount of geocaching I do and that I manage all of that through GSAK on my PC, the idea of having to do GPX exports and imports across the numerous databases I have is an unpleasant thought.

I was going to try to test the Geoget Add On but it won't start properly so I can't set a database location to be able to test.
  •  

Menion

Hi Doug,
I'm not using GSAK so it's not so simple for me to test it. May you please try it on some small testing database and if the result will be the same, share this database with me so I may try to simulate the same issue on my own device? Thanks.

Maybe just double check if you have the same settings in both phones in the GSAK add-on, mainly minimal distance if I remember this parameter correctly.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

DougPeterson

I will create a small test GSAK database. I will test it on my old phone and then on my new phone. I will also double check my configuration for the add-on in both phones.
  •  

DougPeterson

I have attached a test GSAK database which I tested on both phones. As with my other databases, it works on my old phone but not on my new phone. I also double checked that I had identical configurations for the add-on. The distance I had set was 6 km. I checked with 1 km as well as setting logs to zero. The results were the same.

The caches are centered around N 50° 05.250 E 014° 25.283. A few are out a greater distance, up to 70 km.
  •  

Menion

Hello Doug,
thanks for the database.

My test
- installed GSAK for Locus from the Google Play
- in the add-on settings, set path to the database file
- started Locus and centered on mentioned coordinates to Prague center
- long click on the map, in menu picked Addons -> Load GSAK geocaches and few caches loaded and correctly displayed on the map.

Possible differences? Probably only some settings in the add-on? Maybe you should re-install the add-on on one device to see if it changes anything?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •