Editing theme in desktop

Started by rucativava, August 17, 2021, 00:45:50

Andrew Heard

Only make one tiny change at a time (unless you know what you are doing) then check/ test; make the next tiny change. Repeat. Yes it's very tedious but I know of no other way; always have a backup. I do the editing on Windows as you can see more of the file & have better facilities for bookmarks etc.
LM4.25.1.3.1142 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Forsberg

karlchick

Quote from: Forsberg on July 30, 2024, 09:53:54Guys I want to customize a theme which was by the map (androidandromaps). I read the thread and there is really no real WYSIWYG editor for this? All just manual copy paste, hex color codes ect? How so that there is no easy tool just for xml edit?

If you use notepad++ yhrre is a colour picker add on available that makes tweaking colours quicker/easier.

Karl.
User id: 62b600722
Author of the OS Map Theme:
DiscussDownload
  •  

Forsberg

Thanks, do people in mapsforge/openmaps also do themes like this way? It would be counter productive per efficiency in a company for which maps are a daily task to do.

I analyzed XML theme and it is simply a mess :(
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Forsberg on Yesterday at 09:51:28Thanks, do people in mapsforge/openmaps also do themes like this way? It would be counter productive per efficiency in a company for which maps are a daily task to do.

I analyzed XML theme and it is simply a mess :(
Yes, they grow and have historical remains, inconsistent logic etc. - Solution as for user themes: Don't use them or create better ones.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Forsberg

Forsberg

Well, it makes me sad then. In this case I leave theme modding be, and accept what it is already released :)
  •