Problem with dashboard

Started by bruno60, August 15, 2021, 20:44:28

bruno60

I created my dashboard for hiking and included elevation gain and elevation loss but their values are completely wrong.

I always get exaggerated  values ,  today, in the mid of  a trekking, after only 400mt ascent,  the dashboard was displaying 9 thousands meters gain. Both gain and loss Values are always very high.

It was working fine in locus map Pro.
  •  

Menion

Hello bruno60
this should not be affected by the version of the app as both use the same source code for this functionality.

What is the source of your track? It is planned in the app or just recorded in the field? Recorded tracks will always have a higher value because of jumps in received GPS elevation.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

bruno60

Hi Menion,
Always recorded on field, but this exaggeration is not justified by gps jumps.
After saving the same track the elevation gain/loss are much more reasonable even if some gps elevation error is still present.
The problem seems to happen only in dashboard during live recording. After saving the track I have just a small error which is acceptable.

I just moved from Locus Pro to locus 4 and I have only a few use cases but I always got largely wrong numbers while dashboard gain/loss in Locus Pro was completely reasonable
  •  

Menion

Hmm, if you have both apps still installed, you may try to record a track with both apps at once. Suggest to also compare settings in the Altitude manager that affect elevations in the app.

Please be also aware that the app uses two systems for filtering tracks. One is used during recording and is not so strong. The second one is used once the recording is finished and it gives better results (as you confirmed).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

bruno60

This is an update after some testing with elevation gain/loss in dashboard.
I changed settings in altitude manager. In "Srtm data"I had "don't use"  and gps data was very jumpy. Now I'm testing with "replace gps values" and the exaggeration disappeared, now I have reasonable values in dashboard when recording.

Next option is to try also "optimize gps values"  but if the gps values were so wrong  I think it's no use optimising them. It seems better to replace.

•