Locus Maps Pro 3.54.3 turns my screen back on after I turn it off

Started by RobAbbott, August 15, 2021, 04:50:20

RobAbbott

Are there any circumstances when Locus should turn the screen on?  I was recording a track, but NOT navigating.

As of 3.54.3 (or perhaps since the previous version - first started a week ago), if I turn off my screen by pressing the power button on my phone, if Locus was the foreground app when I turned it off, the screen will turn back on by itself after a few seconds.  (And keeps repeating this if I turn the screen off again).

"Screen on/off control" is Disabled

"Always screen on" is Disabled.  If I turn it on, it doesn't change the automatic turning on of the screen, except then it will stay on forever.

"Unlock the screen" is currently on but I have tried it both ways and it doesn't seem to matter.

I just tried to reproduce it here at home and it's not happening.
I was getting error notifications on my outings about Locus not being able to download offline elevation data (since I am offline at those times).    Is it possible if I turn on airplane mode and go somewhere Locus hasn't downloaded the elevation data, it uses an error notification mechanism that could turn on the screen?  I am unable to delete this error notification from the Notifications area by hitting the trash can - it just stays there.
  •  

Menion

Hello Rob,
if you have a moment, give please a try to the latest Beta version (link in my signature). I was just solving a similar problem a few days ago so it should be already solved. Thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

RobAbbott

Thanks, I know my description was sketchy and was hoping you had found the problem already!
  •  

luzuspam

Hi

I`ve got the same issue. When I have enabled "Unlock the screen" and push the screen off button then just after the screen is bac k on. This behaviour not exists before.
  •  

Menion

Hi, sorry for this. As I wrote, it may be fixed in the latest Beta version. You may give it a try (the link for download is in my signature) and test it. The new version will be published most probably at the end of September.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •