Recording tracks - Clicking REC has no effect

Started by nanuqcz, June 28, 2011, 10:27:38

nanuqcz

Hi, I installed Locus free from Market on my HTC Tattoo (Android 1.6, no-root) yesterday.

Everything works fine, but when i click to "REC" button (to start recording track), nothing happen. No error shown, nothing change, looks like clicking this button has no effect. When I look to Information panel to Recording track, it shows mi "STOP No recording".

Settings are default, GPS signal is strong (accuracy 3-6 m). And this is interesting: Manual creating track by clicking points works OK.

Thank you very much :-)
  •  

Menion

really nothing? REC button is still active? Should be greyed now and button stop and pause should be active. Did this happen to you?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

nanuqcz

Really nothing. REC is still active (but when I click it, it grafickly show that it has been clicked), PAUSE, STOP and other are grayed :-(
  •  

rijackson741

Are you moving? Depending on some settings, you may have to move a certain distance and wait a certain time before it will record the second point, and therefore show a track. Try going for a five minute walk.
  •  

majorglory

Hi guys,
is there anything new related to this topic?

I am using Locus Pro on an unrooted G1 with Android 1.6 and have the same issue. The funny thing is that I know it worked with some of the older versions of Locus - I have some tracks recorded on my phone. But after one or two updates (I did not try to record for some time) the recording is not working anymore. So for me it stopped working recently but definitely did work before.

Edit: In the meantime I tried uninstalling the app and wiping all locus data from the SD card. I reinstalled Locus Pro, but that did not help.
I also tried the option to record using MyTracks, but this crashes Locus completely when I hit the record button.

Thx for your efforts, best regards,

Florian

P.S.: By the way - the app is fantastic!
  •  

nanuqcz

Today I tried it again and I found this file in Locus/logs/

errors-1309257460890.err:
----------  28.6.2011 12:37:40  ----------
TAG:LocationState
MSG:onLocationChanged(Location[mProvider=gps,mTime=1309257462000,mLatitude=49.84354376792908,mLongitude=18.31923544406891,mHasAltitude=true,mAltitude=319.0,mHasSpeed=false,mSpeed=0.0,mHasBearing=false,mBearing=0.0,mHasAccuracy=true,mAccuracy=12.0,mExtras=null])
TRACE:java.lang.NullPointerException
at menion.android.a.a.d.b(L:422)
at menion.android.a.a.t.onLocationChanged(L:105)
at android.location.LocationManager$ListenerTransport._handleMessage(LocationManager.java:182)
at android.location.LocationManager$ListenerTransport.access$000(LocationManager.java:115)
at android.location.LocationManager$ListenerTransport$1.handleMessage(LocationManager.java:131)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4321)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:791)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:549)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

----------  28.6.2011 22:05:01  ----------
TAG:LocationState
MSG:onLocationChanged(Location[mProvider=gps,mTime=1309291512000,mLatitude=49.87237215042114,mLongitude=18.43478500843048,mHasAltitude=true,mAltitude=303.0,mHasSpeed=false,mSpeed=0.0,mHasBearing=false,mBearing=0.0,mHasAccuracy=true,mAccuracy=16.0,mExtras=null])
TRACE:java.lang.NullPointerException
at menion.android.a.a.d.b(L:422)
at menion.android.a.a.t.onLocationChanged(L:105)
at android.location.LocationManager$ListenerTransport._handleMessage(LocationManager.java:182)
at android.location.LocationManager$ListenerTransport.access$000(LocationManager.java:115)
at android.location.LocationManager$ListenerTransport$1.handleMessage(LocationManager.java:131)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4321)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:791)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:549)
at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)

I hope it helps. Thanks.
  •  

nanuqcz

Quote from: "majorglory"it worked with some of the older versions of Locus
Is it possible to download older version anywhere? Please :-)
  •  

Menion

this is pretty interesting. You both have 1.6 Android. Also, as I remember, I do not changed anything for more then month in starting of this service. Give me a while (tomorrow) and I'll test it on simulator
  •  

Menion

fine ... looks like 1.6 problem ... please test in forum testing version if all works on real device ok
  •  

majorglory

Hi menion,

wow, that was quick.

I just downloaded 1.8.11.1 and installed it on my G1 with Android 1.6.

Recording works again for me!

Thx for your efforts, great work.

Best regards,

Florian
  •