Recording the track---problem

Started by Thomas44bl, July 30, 2021, 10:45:34

Thomas44bl

Hi

I have a problem recording the track on the map. after recording a track, the map connects the track only as two points: the first and the last; and on the map, the recorded track is a straight line.
how to set to record the track on the path you are walking ??

Thomas
  •  

michaelbechtold

To double check the understanding: the track recording does only deliver two points?
Or is the recording correct, but future use of the track fails with only two points?
  •  

Thomas44bl

yes. the track recording does only deliver two points
  •  

michaelbechtold

Then it's most probably some of your Android settings, and maybe the brand of your mobile (Huawei e.g. is ruthless when it comes to battery saving ...).
make sure Locus runs as a service (setting inside Locus), also excempt Locus from any kind of battery savings of your Android.

•  

Thomas44bl

thank you.

the energy saving function was activated. after turning it off, saving the track is correct :)
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Menion: typically Locus has Device Admin status. Is it possible then to request exemption from Energie saving mode for Locus? This weekend only I had to do it manually for Locus for 3 friends  ...
I know from other apps that they open the respective Android permission option and the user then can grant it - or not.
This would take away a typical trap for new users ...
Cheers
Michael
  •  

Menion

Hello Michael. This option was in the app maybe two years ago ... for about an week. Then Google removed Locus Map from the Google Play and we had to remove this function. Reason? Locus Map does not belong into kind of apps that are able to request exclude from the battery optimization...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

michaelbechtold

Any chance Google got smarter over the years?
Including communication BEFORE the fact?
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Menion on August 03, 2021, 20:39:26
Hello Michael. This option was in the app maybe two years ago ... for about an week. Then Google removed Locus Map from the Google Play and we had to remove this function. Reason? Locus Map does not belong into kind of apps that are able to request exclude from the battery optimization...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Hello,
a few months ago I used this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redbull.wingsforlifeworldrun&gl=IT to participate in a virtual race. At the time of installation it proposes a verification system in order to avoid blocking caused by energy saving, maybe it can be an inspiration to you. The app is relevant to the same scope as Locus.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@michaelbechtold
I'm checking the docs and I do not think so ...

It is still the same list of possible exceptions. Violation of this usually detects some robot that blocks the app. Emails on support usually end on people who are not skilled enough ...

It is another kind of "user protection" that only complicates life ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

michaelbechtold

•