[APP] - version 4.3.+ ( 28. 7. 2021 )

Started by Menion, July 28, 2021, 11:38:24

Menion

@Scooty
Oki. Then in case of BT, it is probably correct. Power meter is not yet supported over BT so it is not visible there.
In the case of ANT, it is interesting. Do other mentioned apps work with your sensor over ANT+ correctly?

@schugur
reboot? Hmm  :o
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

schugur

Quote from: Menion on September 07, 2021, 10:43:25
@ScootyPower meter is not yet supported over BT so it is not visible there.
This is the result when I search for BT4 devices. I can add the power meter, but as mentioned it only displays cadence.
@Scooty: Do the Assioma pedals provide cadence data as well?
I have to manually turn on Bluetooth to search for devices, Locus does not seem to do that yet.
  •  

Menion

Quote from: baegas on August 13, 2021, 02:15:54
When using external GPS (BT GPS), the fixed number of satellites seems to be displayed incorrectly (Test OS: Android 9)
please confirm

I'm finishing some remaining tasks: testing reported problem and see nothing unusual to be true. What means "incorrectly"? If this problem still exists, recorded NMEA messages will be necessary here.

@schugur
- turning BT on should be fixed in the next version.
- your sensor is visible right because it supports cadence as well. App detects it as cadence sensor and use it.
  •  

Scooty

In the case of ANT, it is interesting. Do other mentioned apps work with your sensor over ANT+ correctly?
@Menion:
Sorry, might have mixed things up, looks like I still have to test ANT+ connectivity in more detail.
I used ANT+ connectivity of the power meter so far only with a TwoNav Cross navigation/tracking device.

Oki. Then in case of BT, it is probably correct. Power meter is not yet supported over BT so it is not visible there.
Quote from: schugur on September 07, 2021, 10:57:18
This is the result when I search for BT4 devices. I can add the power meter, but as mentioned it only displays cadence.
@Scooty: Do the Assioma pedals provide cadence data as well?
I have to manually turn on Bluetooth to search for devices, Locus does not seem to do that yet.
Searching my "Assioma Uno" power meter through BT4 device unfortunately only returns "No device available". Manually turning on BT search on my smartphone did not help either.
Yes, in other apps BT connection not only shows power but also cadence.

Andreas

•  

Menion

The new version "MapGooglePlay_4.3.3.6_1033_beta.apk".

@schugur, @Scooty, I've today implemented support for the Bluetooth Power meter. I do not own one, so functionality is not guaranteed! Give it a try. If not work, try to create a log for me by enabling "Log to file" over long-click on the app main menu and after it fails, send me a log from Locus/logs directory.

baegas

To make BT GPS work in the new beta version, it was a different process than before, so I spent time looking for the process.
Anyway, the new beta version is very good, there is nothing wrong with the satellite display
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

schugur

Awesome, thanks! Power meter works as intended with ANT and BTLE now. I don't get cadence data though, in neither protocol.
Wheel circumference is OK now, bluetooth is started automatically when searching for sensors.
  •  

Menion

Power meter works with BLE? I surprised myself :).
May you please create a log as I wrote before? Because cadence should work, but probably is not read correctly and in the log should be the visible reason, thanks!
  •  

Menion

New version ***MapGooglePlay_4.3.3.7_1034_beta***
- major update in work with sensors
- distance markers for tracks!
- sharing of point/location to web planner page

@schugur
thank you very much for the logs. Unfortunately no useful data inside. Anyway, I still made some updates in the system how Locus Map deal with a power meter, so please give a try to this new version. May I ask for log if it fail again with this new version? It print little more info for me, thanks!

Žajdlík Josef

Hi Menione, distance labels work well at passed routes. But they are not displayed for routes imported into Locus. See SCR. Maybe he would not have to display the km symbol.
  •  

Menion

Ah thanks, they were not visible for the track without "times". Fixed!

"Km" symbol ... I know, but I have to consider other units that may be currently selected. It also helps to avoid confusion with labels of points or other content on the map. Hmm for now, I think that they are so small, that the "km" symbol causes no issue ...
  •  

Tapio

OK, so, a global approach. Thx for implenting the DMs. I think the quick settings is a good place.
Please expose the distance markers to presets.

I wonder why in Josefs screenshot it is "2.0 km", here it is "2 km" - which I prefer.

I think you added a line at the km places on track? It is hardly visible. I am not even sure if there is such lines.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Menion

It is not a final solution, but for now, global approach, yes. It has two huge advantages = it is very quick compared to the editing of track styles and it also does not trigger sync for every change. Anyway, I think, that this is a kind of feature, that needs to be used for some time to find out if the current approach is ideal or not.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

If there is km markers (small line) on track, they are close to invisible. Ah, I looked closer, a blue cross.

They'd also be useful on planner tracks!
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

balloni55

QuoteI wonder why in Josefs screenshot it is "2.0 km", here it is "2 km" - which I prefer.
for me also decimal values are displayed, i prefere also integer values since only full kilometres are displayed
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •