[APP] - version 4.3.+ ( 28. 7. 2021 )

Started by Menion, July 28, 2021, 11:38:24

freischneider

Tested yesterday with the official version and my new phone. I liked full screen very much. I then had a problem where I still don't know if Locus is to blame. Therefore I have not reported it yet (DE forum)
So I tested Beta 4.3.3.2 right away. After the start everything is ok (full screen as before). When you touch the screen for the first time, a black bar appears at the bottom with the control buttons. This hides the bottom bar and menu. It doesn't go away anymore.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

balloni55

since last update to V4.3.3 daily set backup didnĀ“t start ???
additional info: after this update i changed also locus folder to
Android/data/menion.android.locus
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

freischneider

Idea for full screen:
Navigation bar hidden (does not work properly at the moment)
Notch - various choices
1. Black bar (I think very few will use it.
2. completely normal card
3. Status bar (see picture)
I have drawn my notch with a black circle on the screenshot.
  •  

Christian

The full-screen-bug is back in 4.3.3. :(
Even empty menus, missing icons in bars a.s.o.
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Christian on August 19, 2021, 10:54:01
The full-screen-bug is back in 4.3.3. :(
Even empty menus, missing icons in bars a.s.o.
You have an old beta version. We are already at 4.3.3.2
  •  

Menion

@freischneider
The problem with the black bar happens only in the case of enabled full-screen mode right? With this option disabled, does immersive mode (transparent panels on the map screen) works fine in all cases?

On the screenshot in your second post is the so-called "Immersive mode" (disabled "full-screen"). What is your idea here?

@balloni55
there was no change in the backup system for a long time. I do not like these auto backup/sync/download systems. They use android so-called "Work manager" and it is a black box to me. Don't know ... setup it again does not help?

@Christian
there is a new version 4.3.3.2 as @freischneider wrote, but it should already be fixed in the public 4.3.3. Disabled full-screen works? Then use it please.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on August 19, 2021, 11:43:42
@freischneider
The problem with the black bar happens only in the case of enabled full-screen mode right? With this option disabled, does immersive mode (transparent panels on the map screen) works fine in all cases?

Yes, the problem with the black bar only occurs when the full screen is activated.
At the start everything is ok (picture 1)
The first time you touch the screen, the bar appears. (picture 2)
If I click menu the first time I touch it, it doesn't open, but the black bar is activated.

When the black bar is there, I can still see the menu and the data manager a little. When I click on one, the corresponding one opens. When I close it, the bar is gone again. As soon as I touch the screen again, the bar comes back right away.
The whole thing makes no difference, immersive on / off.
  •  

freischneider

I didn't even know the immersive mode. I tested it with normal screen.
I've attached the pictures.
It's more transparent at the top than at the bottom.
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on August 19, 2021, 11:43:42
@freischneider
On the screenshot in your second post is the so-called "Immersive mode" (disabled "full-screen"). What is your idea here?
Maybe badly explained or badly translated.
What was my idea:
I once read that you wrote so that you wanted to take a closer look at the topic of notch.
The idea concerns the full screen. The upper and lower bars are not visible here. Everything is a card. But the notch covers part of the map. Personally, I don't think it's that bad. Because as an alternative there is only a black bar and then I see even less of the map.
But there is still the option to display the status bar in immersive mode. The notch is already taken into account there. Then I still have important information visible. I have currently placed this on the map via a dashboard (time, battery).
But in all cases the navigation bar below is hidden and appears when you swipe from the edge of the screen.

MIUI offers the option of hiding the navigation bar for certain apps. But Locus does not react to this setting.
  •  

T-mo

Quote from: freischneider link=topic=7496.msg64864MIUI offers the option of hiding the navigation bar for certain apps. But Locus does not react to this setting.
I suggest to not use those specialties as this might bring nightmares to Menion to deal with all those gimmicks with potential misbehaviours, cornercases, whatever..

freischneider

Quote from: T-mo on August 19, 2021, 19:42:24
Quote from: freischneider link=topic=7496.msg64864MIUI offers the option of hiding the navigation bar for certain apps. But Locus does not react to this setting.
I suggest to not use those specialties as this might bring nightmares to Menion to deal with all those gimmicks with potential misbehaviours, cornercases, whatever..
After it didn't work, I deactivated it again.
  •  

Tapio

Hey, I may be weird or annoying, but this very small thing always confuses me...

I am expecting "Select all" on top - anyone else? It is the most likely thing to do. "Deselect all" is probably rarely or never used...

And in point screen it is at second place, in tracks on third...

Minor, I know 😁
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Tapio

If Locus is set to lat/lon high precision, quick bookmark placeholders (maplat/maplon) should also be high precision. Currently they are not, they are rounded to 5 decimal digits.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

balloni55

Quotethere was no change in the backup system for a long time.
Don't know ... setup it again does not help?
- restart device
- new set daily backup
furthermore no auto backup in the past 3 days ::)

manually started backup work
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@freischneider
seems that full-screen is now only on "own risk". I just do not know what more I may do ...  :-\.

Idea: ah so the idea is immersive mode + hidden bottom navigation bar. It should be doable, but rather later one I'll be satisfied with the solution that really works.

@tapio
good point. The same menu is anyway used also at the bottom (just as "Display all", "Hide all", etc.). So it is ok to switch both lists into order "Display/Select all", "Hide/deselect all", "Select X" and "Invert"? I believe so. Done, thanks.

Quick bookmark format: united, thanks.

@balloni55
hmm. I see it works for me, but I've 3 days internal, but on OneDrive I see last 5 backups with 5 - 8 days interval, so something does not work exactly perfect. I'll be watching it, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio