[APP] - version 4.3.+ ( 28. 7. 2021 )

Started by Menion, July 28, 2021, 11:38:24

balloni55

Quote from: Diddi on August 12, 2021, 08:49:45
What does "+short info about geocaches into lists" means?
please read menions answer to me an view first screenshot in this post
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7496.msg64729#msg64729
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Diddi

Tapio

Quote from: WujTom on August 12, 2021, 08:44:13Can you fix it and it was like before?
Was it this way? Such a behaviour would rather lead to confused users, like "where is my track?". It is unexpected.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

WujTom

This was introduced upon request not only passes as the 4 was in BETA.
The track record of the route traveled only disappeared when the route was saved and after closing the application.
For many people recording their daily activities, it was a great help because they did not have to hide the recorded trace each time.
Not deleting traces causes chaos on the application map.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

WujTom, I understand and it would also help me. I automatically start/stop recordings, done via Tasker, any time I leave home. So I also prefer if those tracks are just recorded, not visible. But there's also the casual users...
I don't know what's right. (visible after recoding) It could be a recording profile option. And/or an additional property of the recording broadcast command..
https://github.com/asamm/locus-api/wiki/Action-tasks-(Broadcasts)
  •  

Menion

This hiding was an intent? What a surprise to me  :). I definitely consider it as a bug and as a bug it was fixed in the latest version. I really do not remember any request to hide recorded tracks after recording is done, sorry.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

Yup, you removed it as a bug. No, I was just saying that (show/hide) could be an additional property of the recording intent. Or it could be an option for recording profiles. So please support the mass track recorders,who have to do housekeeping all the time otherwise 🙏
  •  

Viajero Perdido

I spoke too soon.  Visibility of points is still ... strange ... after a sync.

I have a folder of geocaches in both devices.  Checked both devices this morning, all ~2800 caches are visible in both.  Then loaded 3 PQs in a single step on the phone.  Some caches were in more than one PQ, so I said "overwrite" ("geocaches will be merged").

After auto-sync, on the tablet only about half the points are indicated as visible in the list.  (I have show-after-sync turned on.)  Can't tell if this matches their true visibility.  I don't think the "about half" here matches the number of caches merged above, which should be a smaller fraction.

Unfortunately I'm going off-grid now for a few days, so can't discuss further, sorry.  I'll keep an eye on it.  It's not crucial.  Thanks.
  •  

WujTom

Quote from: Menion on August 12, 2021, 15:28:07
This hiding was an intent? What a surprise to me  :). I definitely consider it as a bug and as a bug it was fixed in the latest version. I really do not remember any request to hide recorded tracks after recording is done, sorry.

Certainly, I assumed one myself, but I do not count it.
If I record the home-work-home route every day, and a few other trips, the map becomes illegible due to the number of lines.
Please think it over again or add a choice somewhere to make it work.
  •  

Andrew Heard

year needs fixing; was wrong in last beta too but I didn't mention @ the time
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

baegas

When using external GPS (BT GPS), the fixed number of satellites seems to be displayed incorrectly (Test OS: Android 9)
please confirm
  •  

freischneider

There is still an error with an empty panel. But no longer important for me. I now have my Xiaomi with Android 11 and there are no problems in full screen. I will only use the S8 for the first beta tests. If the S8 is ok, then I test it on the Xiaomi. So I always have a device that is good.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

@Viajero Perdido
Hmm ... I also think it is no a critical problem, but I'll be watching it. It is possible, there may be a mess in case, part of the changed points is visible on the second device during sync .. will check it, thanks.

@WujTom
As I wrote, this never worked like this, it was only a side effect of the changes in the sync system. As I search on the help desk, I'm unable to find any existing idea with this topic, so it seems not to be a globally wanted feature, sorry.

@Andrew Heard
2022, heh, thanks :)

@baegas
I'll check it.

@fresichneider
Such issues are so stupid! On my SGS7 no problem, on my colleague S10 also no problem ...  :-\
Anyway I just made a bunch of minor changes to full-screen system, so next Beta > you will see.

Tapio

In the stabilized GPS screen, when I tap the share button, nothing happens except that it returns to main screen. Edit. And creates a temporary POI.
Yesterdays beta.
  •  

Hennes

I use the dash board nearly all of the time. But it disappeares every 2 or 3 days. I have to manually activate it again. Why??

I've noticed that sometimes the data in the dash board is not updated. Especially current altitude.
For example the altitude is at 60m constantly although I walk along a road with an inclination. The current altitude (shown at the cursor) is correct but the altitude shown in the dash board still shows an old value. After a while it is then correct again.... Any explanation for that?

•  

Menion

@tapio
this "Share" button use exactly the same function as the common app Share > other map apps. Why it is handled directly by the Locus Map may be because a) Locus Map is set as a default app that opens this type of request or b) there is no other app that should handle this in your device.

@Hennes
why it is hidden > I have no idea. You have to find out on your own, sorry.
Refresh of altitude  > current dashboard refresh is based on the frequency of newly received GPS location. When there is no new GPS location, there will be (almost) no refresh. May this be the problem?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio