[APP] - version 4.3.+ ( 28. 7. 2021 )

Started by Menion, July 28, 2021, 11:38:24

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: Menion on August 10, 2021, 15:34:06
Which data you would like to update? Top line display a full summary of the whole track/route.
I often ride a pre-scheduled route according to the line. Previously, click on the line and displayed distance data to the destination and how much you need to enter meters. Now it's not. At the same time, it is moved after the graph with the cant and the route on the screen is also moving. It would be logical to give me a distance and cant to the destination in this case. How do you otherwise find out this information? You are no longer interested in the route on the route.

CZ: Často jezdím podle linky předem naplánované trasy. Dříve stačilo kliknout na linku a zobrazily se údaje o vzdálenost do cíle a kolik je třeba nastoupat metrů. Nyní to nejde. Přitom jde se posouvat po grafu s převýšením a pohybuje se i trasa na obrazovce. Přišlo by mi logické, aby v tomto případě údaje nad grafem zobrazovaly vzdálenost a převýšení do cíle. Jak tyto údaje jinak zjistit? Na trase už mě přece nezajímají celkové údaje o trase.
  •  

slarti76

https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7438.msg64586#msg64586:
Quote from: Menion
@slarti76
Also a problem, I'm unable to simulate it. You test it on the "Galaxy Tab" right?

Changelog 4.3.2.1:
QuoteMissing point/track screen bottom buttons on tablets

Looks like you were able to simulate it, no? ;) Anyway, I can confirm it working fine now. Thx!
  •  

T-mo

@fullscreen: have there been changes?
could swear it was at maximum, even at top above my frontcam-notch..to the screen-edge. Now there's the black bar which has the size of the top-systembar, like your screenie Menion.
Cannot tell if this happened by disabling and enabling the fullscreen-settings or by possible beta-changes.
  •  

Pcmann

Hi,
In the basic Settings - Navigation-Appearance-Navigation panel-I have set it to Small. The problem is that every time you start Navigate to, large navigation icons are displayed that don't suit me, and every time I have to set the Navigation-Appearance-Navigation panel to Small. Could Locus remember the basic settings? Thank you
  •  

Menion

@michaelbechtold
Everything in the private folder is the expected result ... start count with it. Deadly? ... hard to say.

Exception for full filesystem access is no way. Google does not provide exceptions. Anyway  I'll be more precisely test it next weeks, so I'll, of course, inform about the final result ...

@Žajdlík Josef
currently, it is not an ideal solution. Tap on the first button in the bottom panel, it may help ...

@slarti76
works? Fine :)

@T-mo
what you see was in the app till version 4.3.0. In this version was introduced new full-screen mode that causes quite a lot troubles so in this Beta it is reverted to the old system - so black top useless panel on some devices.

@Pcmann
isn't there settings in "Preset" that active together with navigation and that overwrite this settings?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Michael Bechthold, didn't read your whole text, but MapsVector and SRTM will be able to reside on the external SD?! I've set them up this way. On Android 10 that is.

Edit. Oh. To quote Menion "Everything in the private folder is the expected result ... start count with it. Deadly?"

Oh, that would hit hard. SRTM+MapsVector is currently 30+ gig here.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Pcmann

@Menion
Thanks for the advice on this setup option, I didn't know. The Navigation Bar is already displayed according to my ideas.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Let's wait for Menion's final tests.
I fear the worst.
What I expect from Menion then is to allow read-only configuration for alternate srtm and mapVector, and of course adding read-only for extra vector maps and raster maps.
So people can at least populate those alternate via connection to PC or via ftp or alike.
Menion should also introduce something like "look at alternate srtm folder" (read-only), if not available, then find or supplement from/in private folder.
If he cannot fight Google head-on, then he must allow people to help themselves.
All stuff in private folders is unacceptable.

I will have a close look at what other geo apps are doing with Android 11 ...

Quote from: tapio on August 10, 2021, 22:30:54
Michael Bechthold, didn't read your whole text, but MapsVector and SRTM will be able to reside on the external SD?! I've set them up this way. On Android 10 that is.

Edit. Oh. To quote Menion "Everything in the private folder is the expected result ... start count with it. Deadly?"

Oh, that would hit hard. SRTM+MapsVector is currently 30+ gig here.

Tapio

Android builds that /Android/data etc structure also on the external SD, I guess apps will be able to write there as well. So maybe there is no need to be that afraid...
Must be in the interest of Google. Google maps saves offline maps there btw.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

New versions LMA 4.3.3, LCA 3.54.3 have just been published on Google Play. They are more or less a bug-fix version, but with so long list of changes ...  :P

It does not happen for some time to publish a version with so many weird and serious issues. It was not an intent of course anyway sorry ... I believe this should be a perfectly stable version. And if not, we have two more days before the weekend ;).

The only remaining issue are the blank side panels reported by @fresichneider. Give it a try please, I made a tiny change if it helps ... thanks all!

@tapio
it will work like that. You already can choose this private folder on the SD card. With the new "File manager" in the latest versions, the app safely transfers all your data without any extra manual work. Maybe rather do a manual backup before, just for sure  :).
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Viajero Perdido

This is interesting.  Cloud Sync reports "Last update: in 24 minutes".  That's mixing past and future.  Does it mean, next update check in 24 minutes?  (Now 23, oops 22.)

This message was on the tablet, which just received two syncs with the latest version.  The sending device - phone - reports "xx minutes ago" as usual, also with the newest version.  (Both devices report the same time-of-day, well, two minutes apart.)

BTW, first impressions are that the points-list confusion about visible state, which I'd reported before, is no longer happening.  I'll keep an eye on it.  :)
  •  

T-mo

;D this black top-panel is more a trade-off to real-fullscreen(c). What was the pain about going completely full? Maybe compatability throughout the Android-universe..
Well my system panels have partially transparency, so I can decide dropping bottom and gaining that black top-stripe or having panels with light look+feel. Yeah, isn't having choices the thing about customisation.. :)
  •  

Menion

@Viajero Perdido
interesting problem with the time ... definitely should not happen. I'll be watching it, thanks,

@T-mo
there were more troubles with the full-screen so I'm not sure which change caused real pain. We may try it with some next Beta version. There are some options ...
  •  

WujTom

Previously, the track of the saved route hid automatically after restarting Locus Map.
Now in the route manager and hide it manually.
Can you fix it and it was like before?
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Diddi

What does "+short info about geocaches into lists" means?

•