[APP] - version 4.3.+ ( 28. 7. 2021 )

Started by Menion, July 28, 2021, 11:38:24

Diddi

Quote from: Menion on August 10, 2021, 12:33:08
@slarti76, @tapio
oki oki, I'm not removing it (yet)  :D. Black top panel is there because of the cutout in the display = solvable but needs a lot of extra work.

@Diddi
hmm "locus stopped" during the update. Looks like some problem with the database. Best if the app crash is to send me your "user ID". It is visible in the app or now also in the "Locus/info " file.

Here you go:
User ID: 8fd79a505
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: Menion on August 10, 2021, 12:43:37
Ah, very good idea, thanks! Just keep on mind, that it is more a "device ID"  ::) ... every device has its own ID. Maybe incorrectly, I started to call it "user ID".
Then it would be helpful to rename it to Locus.
Locus device ID:
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

balloni55

QuoteWhat are your steps, where you write variables from all waypoints and how you compute the final waypoint?
- variables i always write to notes and that they are visible also in WPTs is very comfortable 8)
- small calculations i do with splitscreen, see screenshot example. Attention, values are fake!
- for more difficult calculations i use a sheet of paper

but the last value added to clipboard visible there is annoying

thanks for the example with the small info, this improvement will be helpful ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@Diddi
thanks for the ID. It seems that the app now cannot read your data from the database as I expected. For some reason, the error is now "SQLiteReadOnlyDatabaseException · attempt to write a read-only database" even when app just tries to open the database for "Read only", weird.

My suggestion: do a manual backup of the Locus/data/database directory. Then delete this directory. Start Locus Map and it should create a new directory with empty databases. When all will work, close the app, delete new empty databases (directory "database") and copy back old data.

@balloni55
thanks. And you copied the equation into the waypoint description. The difference is that I've copied it just into the clipboard.

Hmm, this helped me a lot with the last caches, but understand that it may also contain some old "clipboard" data. Oki, I may hide it for now. I'll try later to detect if the clipboard contains an equation and display it only in this case.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

QuoteAnd you copied the equation into the waypoint description.
yes :)
but if the cacheowner makes some effort in creating the cache, the final waypoint with the calculating forms is created there
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion, just had a look at the "Set working directory" feature.
On my S10 it would not allowany move in the internal SD. Why? The .../maps and .../mapsvector together have about 30 GB. Maybe not the average user. But also not an average device with 27 GB free of 512.
In any case you shall expect quite some trouble, if this procedure hits the broader user base.
So, what are the otions?
You already provide the option to define alternate locations for backup, mapsVector and srtm.
Why not for .../maps?
As A11 further screws up the Android file system features (altough not to the level of iOS - yet), you are forced to move the standard app director to the private area /Android/data. But obviously you found a way to allow read/write for a subset of mass data.
Can you pls. shed some light on that whole subject, pls ?
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  

Menion

Quote from: michaelbechtold on August 10, 2021, 14:42:07
I'm probably stupid. I started to describe it a little bit and seems I was wrong and SRTM and MapsVector won't be also usable like this as well, damn.

Anyway, you wrote that the app does not offer an SD card. Really? There should be also an available Android/data/ directory on the SD card. May you please post a screenshot? Thanks.
  •  

Diddi

Quote from: Menion on August 10, 2021, 14:04:18
@Diddi
thanks for the ID. It seems that the app now cannot read your data from the database as I expected. For some reason, the error is now "SQLiteReadOnlyDatabaseException · attempt to write a read-only database" even when app just tries to open the database for "Read only", weird.

My suggestion: do a manual backup of the Locus/data/database directory. Then delete this directory. Start Locus Map and it should create a new directory with empty databases. When all will work, close the app, delete new empty databases (directory "database") and copy back old data.

Still not working after putting back die original Files into database dir.
With deleted files, everything is fine.

Seems that waypoints.db-journal is causing the error. All other original files are not causing the error.
But with deleted this special file in database dir, locus is starting and all's data is available in tracks and points. But what am I missing without the db-joutnal file?
  •  

Menion

Hmm, this is useless file, so simply delete it without worry.
Maybe attach it here for me please, I'll check if I'll be able to simulate the same issue with your journal file. Thanks.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Diddi

Diddi

Journal file is too big to attach. About 22Mb!
But if it's not necessary I'm fine.
Thanks a lot
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

The route data is not updated after shifting on the cant graph. I would always expect to display data from the place marked with a vertical blue line to the end of the route.
  •  

Menion

Which data you would like to update? Top line display a full summary of the whole track/route.
  •  

michaelbechtold

It did offer both, internal and external SD, but on the internal it complained "not enough space" (like described below).
So, with srtm and mapsVector also gone, the whole structure would be forced to private folders?
This is deadly. Mind the people sharing maps between apps (LMP/LM4, also others).
There must be other ways. Did you try to get file manager like exception? They do read and write and create whereever they want (after permission granted once).
There MUST be a smarter way than all private!

Quote from: Menion on August 10, 2021, 14:47:45
Quote from: michaelbechtold on August 10, 2021, 14:42:07
I'm probably stupid. I started to describe it a little bit and seems I was wrong and SRTM and MapsVector won't be also usable like this as well, damn.

Anyway, you wrote that the app does not offer an SD card. Really? There should be also an available Android/data/ directory on the SD card. May you please post a screenshot? Thanks.
  •  

michaelbechtold

All Files Access

Some apps have a core use case that requires broad file access, such as file management or backup & restore operations. They can get All Files Access by doing the following:

Declare the MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission.
        Direct users to a system settings page where they can enable the Allow access to manage all files option for your app.

This permission grants the following:

Read access and write access to all files within shared storage.
        Access to the contents of the MediaStore.Files table.

•  

michaelbechtold

•